Author Topic: Mary Ann Way born 1852 dorset moved to wales  (Read 4570 times)

Offline amabel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Way born 1852 dorset moved to wales
« on: Saturday 11 September 10 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hello i am trying to find out what happened to my 2 x Great Aunt Mary Ann Way (nee Symes) who moved to Wales with her Son Archibald Way.  In the 1911 censes they were living at Gamorgan.  Archibald way was born in 1888 at Somerset and moved to wales with his mother.  Also his sister Mabel Dora Way born 1876 chard somerset married a William Brown and lived at 1 Glyn View Wattstown and had several children one of them being a Florence Nightingale brown born 1899 at Tylorstown Glamorgan. 

If anyone has any information on Mabel Dora Brown nee Way and Archiblad Way and Mary Ann Way i would be grateful.  Thank you

Offline Keith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Way born 1852 dorset moved to wales
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 September 10 23:27 BST (UK) »
Douglas Archibald Way, born Chard, Somerset 1888, died 1975 (Ogwr Vol. 27 Page 0607) Date of birth given as 16 February 1888. Can't find a marriage for him.

Offline Gway

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Way born 1852 dorset moved to wales
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mabel.
I came upon your post while idly searching the internet and believe that Mary Ann Way is my grandmother.  My grandfather was Douglas Archibald Way, from Chard, Somerset.
My father was Dennis Ethelbert Way, who had 6 children with  Gwyneth Myriad Way, nee Hughes,
If you would like to contact me e.mail me and I‘ll see if can help.  I know my sister has been doing some work on a family history, so we could have some useful information that, mixed with your research, could be mutually beneficial.