Author Topic: Anthony Perrier JP  (Read 55345 times)

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Perrier JP
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 March 10 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Mary, for the photos. You went to a lot of trouble for me and will reciprocate, if I can

Lorraine/Lorc
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline Dads daughter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am busy typing up a letter in my possession from Sir Anthony Perrier ready to show Canadian relations this weekend; you may be interested to read it also.  It is from Sir Anthony Perrier to his wife Jane following his visit to the King at Brighton Pavilion on 29th December 1820.   My husband is three generations down from Julia Osburne, grand-daughter of Sir Anthony Perrier.
"My dear Jane,
I have just time before the coach starts with me for London, to tell you a little of my adventure in this enchanted palace.
   I arrived too late in the evening before last to see the King, but I left my name immediately and soon found that he knew I was in town for I had visits from all the great people in less than an hour and Sir Edmund ….. said that his majesty ordered him to take me under his especial care – I could not dine here on that day as I was not previously presented and that ceremony was fixed for two o’clock yesterday but as the King breakfasts alone I was invited to breakfast with the gentlemen of the suite, and so pleasant a set of fellows I never got into company with.   They consist of Sir Benjamin Bloomfield, Sir Edmund Nagle, Lord Coningham (three jolly Irishmen) Colonel Thornton, Sir Matthew Tierney and two or three others tho wonder they should feel happy for they have nothing to do but eat, drink and be merry at the public expense. – I spent near two hours viewing the wonders of the Pavilion and at two was received by the King in a manner far beyond anything I could have had the least idea of expecting – my modesty prevents me repeating any of the flattering compliments he made to myself, but he spoke in the handsomest manner of Ireland and of Cork in particular and among other things he told me he intended returning my visit  next summer.   He then asked me to dinner but to attempt a description of the magnificence of that or indeed any more of what occurred is quite impossible and I must postpone it til I get home which will now be as fast as the coaches can carry me.   I have not time to say more than desire you will tell David that Lord Headforth (?) is not here
Kiss Anthony and P………                                                AP

From Bid

Offline awall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 22:22 BST (UK) »
If jidian is still looking for information on Anthony Perrier J.P.of Lota:  we have family information including a foto of a portrait of Anthony, painted in 1843 (!!). 
This Anthony (1816-1879) was the 13th child of Sir Anthony Perrier (1770-1845) and Lady Jane Black of Limerick.  (Jane's only sister was married to John Vereker, brother to Charles 2nd Viscount Gort).
Anthony married on 3rd October 1853 Charlotte Roome, the only daughter of General Hy(?) Roome, Bombay Army.  Charlotte was the widow of P. Hickman Esq.  She died on 15th January 1887. A stone memorial plaque is inside the Douglas Church of Ireland.  They had no children.
Also to Dad's Daughter: in relation to the 17th and youngest child of Sir Anthony Perrier, daughter Kate (1823-1870) who married John Osburn/Osburne/Osbourne we have a foto of a Mrs. Osbourne(!!) in front of Lindville, Ballintemple with an enormous Great Dane.

Offline woodchurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, just picked up stuff re Perriers.

Two of my great uncles, Thomas Arthur Clarke and his younger brother Ernest Joseph Clarke, sons of Thomas Clarke (the son in William Clarke and Son tobacco manufacturers of Cork etc.) married respectively Katherine Lumley Perrier (4 Sep 1895, St Marys Shandon) and her sister Elizabeth Lumley Perrier  (9 August 1905, St Michael's, Blackrock)) daughters of William Lumley Perrier of Blackrock.  I believe that the girls were also cousins of the Clarkes.  I am interested to find what the cousin-connection was, whether it was through Thomas Clarke's wife's family, Elizabeth Ruddell daughter of William Ruddell of Dublin, or through one of Thomas' three sisters (whose names I don't have).

Any info on the girls or the Ruddell family would be appreciated.

Woodchurch, Clarke, Eager, Wrightson, Loewenthal, Hughes

Offline awall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 01:23 BST (UK) »
To "woodchurch":
concerning the cousin connections of (Capt)Thomas Arthur Clarke who married Katherine Lumley Perrier as well as Ernest Joseph Clarke who married Elizabeth Lumley Perrier:

Katherine and Elizabeth Perrier's mother was Maria France Clarke, daughter of Sir William Clarke and Eliza Travers and sister to Thomas Clarke of the Imperial Tobacco Company of Allerton Hall Liverpool and Farran House, father to Capt Thomas and Ernest.
Maria Frances Clarke married on 16-4-1868 William Lumley Perrier Junior; they lived at Maryborough  House and at Ballinure House.

We have a photograph made in 1896 of Maria Frances Perrier nee Clarke with her 11 children, including Katherine (Kitty) and Elizabeth.

Capt. Thomas and Kitty had 2 daughters, Lizette and Norah.  Descendants of Lizette live in Carrigaline.
Ernest and Elizabeth had no children.

Offline woodchurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 09:45 BST (UK) »
That's briliant thanks for solving that one!  I'm new to this,  think perhaps I should start a new thread on William Clarke of Farran, and his offspring. 

Offline DWalls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 30 September 11 01:15 BST (UK) »

Hi All,

My Mother was Stella Perrier,
 My Aunt was Iris
 Their Brother was Harry.
( Killed in France 1918 . We will be at his Grave on 11th Nov. 2011 .We have been  there for the last 3 years ) Buried in a British War Grave  in a Church Yard  in  Floursies  France

We live in Douglas   & attend St. Lukes C. of I. Church , Douglas .
The new restored  Christ Church   building  on The South Main Street  has more Perrier Info
 We are off to Florida  next week ( 4th Oct.2011 ) & will be in touch with more Perriers
 We are also in touch with a Perrier in Brisbane . More distant Perrier relitives  in Victoria , Vancover Island  & also Vancover.  More family who we have visited are in Spokane, & New Jersey.

My sister lives in Bath.
 If you wish to phone or " e " mail do   But we do leave on Monday 3rd Oct,

The more info on Perriers   the better.

David

Offline DWalls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 September 11 01:45 BST (UK) »

Hi All,

Douglas is a suburb of Cork  & we are near Ballinure  & All other areas  connected with the Perrier
 Family.
 We have   Family History  & Family Photos 

Offline woodchurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 11:14 BST (UK) »
Referring back to Awall's details of Katherine and Elizabeth Perrier who married their Clarke first cousins, does anyone have details of when/where Maria Frances Clarke and her sisters (names?) were born, and who the other girls married?  Do the names Rice or Huleatt come up?  Thanks for any more information anyone may have.