Author Topic: Elizabeth Austin  (Read 2923 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Austin
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 August 14 15:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks all

Robert was in Rearsby in the 1861, by the time the 1871 census he was lodging in Burton so I wonder if she was a Leicester lass or as per later census born in Burton...off to see if I can find a Leicester birth/baptism

Eliza Ann Austin 1 July 1855    ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH,LEICESTER
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 August 14 16:41 BST (UK) »

Hi, 

The birth registraion that you give in your first post is for an Eliza not Elizabeth AUSTIN, and looking at the census records after she married Robert she is also Eliza so I'm not sure where Elizabeth comes from?

If the Eliza living with her Uncle and Aunt ALLEN in 1871 I think she was with them in 1861, transcribed at Ancestry as HASTIN, (and looks it like on the image)

1861  RG10/165  f.34  p.21  Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire
Honnington St

Henry ALLEN    Head    M    34   Brewer's Labourer    Broughton, Derbyshire
Ann        "           Wife    M    40                                     Staffordshire
Eliza HASTIN    Neice           4                                               "
Ann NEWMAN  Visitor   M    52                                     Nottingham Bunney

I haven't worked out how she is related to them yet though :-\

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 August 14 18:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Daisy

Not sure where I got the Elizabeth from, apposed to Eliza from 1881 to 1911 she was in Burton Staffs married to Robert and with two children ( if my memory serves me correct, as I do not have FH here to look at) so everything prior to that needs research and proving.

So  Eliza Austin I found living with aunt/uncle in 1871 is the same one in 1861 living with the same aunt /uncle.  Eliza's uncle worked in the Brewing industry ( I know it is not unusual in Burton) but that is the industry Robert worked in

So thank you for that. Once I can get back to see what I have I think I will need to follow that Eliza and also see what I can find out about Henry &  Ann 'Hastin/Allen' too
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 August 14 18:38 BST (UK) »
just to confuse matters Henry appears to have married twice - there's a likely candidate on 1851, b Church Broughton Derbyshire c1827, with wife Eliza, in Uttoxeter.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 August 14 18:44 BST (UK) »
Given the other person with them in 1871, think this is the second marriage

Marriage    30 Sep 1856, Christ Church, Stafford
Henry Allen
Age    30
Father - Francis Allen

Ann Britt
Age 35
Father - James Britt

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 August 14 18:51 BST (UK) »
Possible for the first marriage (in Uttoxeter district), which wuold point to Eliza austin perhaps being related to Henry via a sister who married an Austin, not his wife?

Marriage    25 Sep 1849, Somersall Herbert, Derbyshire
Henry Allen
Father -    Francis Allen
Spouse -     Eliza Harper

How about

Marriage    17 Mar 1850, Church Broughton, Derbyshire, England
Martha Allen
Spouse    Thomas Austin

From 1841 she does appear to be Henry Allen's sister

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 August 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
1851 -Burton upon Trent

Thomas Austin    22
Martha Austin    25 b Church Broughton, derbyshire
Sarah A Austin    1

HO107,  2012, 267, 2

there's a death of  a Martha austen (unknown age) in 1860 in Burton

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 August 14 11:58 BST (UK) »
just to confuse matters Henry appears to have married twice - there's a likely candidate on 1851, b Church Broughton Derbyshire c1827, with wife Eliza, in Uttoxeter.

Oh you haven't confused anything :)  You have helped a great deal ;D

Robert Chamberlain is a sibling of my ancestor, I am just nosy and like to know who they married, where they 'disappear' to, why and who with, it has also helped me many times when I find eg an Austin 'visitor' or 'nephew' in an ancestors home, it is just like a big jigsaw puzzle.

Thank you for the information you have given I now have a foundation and from that I can research