Author Topic: Need a quick look up for burial place...thanks EVER so much!  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Re: Need a quick look up for burial place...thanks EVER so much!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 August 14 00:47 BST (UK) »
Cannot thank you enough!  Will work those avenues as well.  Thanks once again!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 August 14 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

I've sent you a list, via your personal nessages, of the Ormes I managed to find from Wolverhampton and District Parish Registers. Hope they help.

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 August 14 00:00 BST (UK) »
HUGS of appreciation sent your way...YOU are the BEST....will use that info to enter them on findagrave.com.

Though Laura was not there, I can add others so that they may be found when searched for.

Thanks again!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 August 14 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Unfortunately 289 Tettenhall Road is now part of a group of retail units so I can't get a picture for you. I travel down Tettenhall Road quite a few times a month and was thinking that a pic would be good to send but it looks as though the building in question is quite a bit more modern than when the Ormes would have been there. You can still check it out on Google maps and then onto street view to check out the varied styles of buildings that would have been there in the past.

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 30 August 14 19:02 BST (UK) »
Oh Tony!

YOU are just wonderful!  I cannot thank you enough!  Thank you thank you thank you. How interesting to hear what happened to the area!

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 31 August 14 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Just thought you might find this interesting

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/123086

Tony

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 31 August 14 03:13 BST (UK) »
WHAT a lovely lovely church that is.  Gosh I wish I lived over there!  Everything is quite the wonderment!

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 31 August 14 19:03 BST (UK) »
Just come across an interesting coincidence, Carole. My paternal grandmother's family, the Kidds, came from Belper in Derbyshire in the early 1800s where they were cotton mill workers at Strutts Mill.  They lived just across the river from the mill at Shire Oaks. The family living next door to them was the Ormes! :o
Apparently Orme/Ormes was quite a common name in Debyshire. There's a genealogy site at http://www.belper-research.com/index.html if you want to follow up that line of research.

Tony

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 01 September 14 02:35 BST (UK) »
My goodness gracious!  Smiling!  This search has been quite interesting. I volunteer about 20-40 hours a week helping others with their family trees and this is one of the trees I have been helping with!  How fun it is to find how we are all connected!