Author Topic: Looking for descendants of Larry Kane and Ellen Kieran and Graham's - Glasgow  (Read 878 times)

Offline GDub71

• RootsChat Member
  • Miaow¬
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm looking for any descendants of my Gt Grandparents Lawrence (Larry) Kane and Ellen Kieran who married in Hollywood, County Down in 1919 and immediately (or at least soon after) moved to Glasgow. They lived in The Gorbals, Govan, Glasgow and had 9 children. My Grandmother Mary Ellen was the third child born 1921 at 8 Marr Street. My Granny and her sister Kathleen (b.1923) eventually married men from Tain and Wick respectively, so moved away from Glasgow. Of the other children:

James Kane died unmarried
Theresa Kane died unmarried
Patrick Kane died unmarried
Lawrence Kane died unmarried
Frances Kane married Allan Gillan and had 5 children I believe
Christine Kane married Daniel Oliver and had 2 sons
Margaret Kane married Ronnie McClure and had children

I would be interested to hear from any of these families or anyone who knew them. Also, descendants of Joseph Graham and Ann Kieran who also lived in Glasgow. If anyone has any photos I would love to see them, as I've never seen a photo of my Gt Grandparents at all.

Larry Kane died in 1962 at 8 Crosstown Rd, Govan
Ellen Died 1945 at 75 Nether Street
Banffshire - WILSON, RIACH, CALDER, MUIRY, PETERKIN, CRAIB, OGG, CRUICKSHANK, FARQUHAR, COPLAND, HAY, SHAW, HIND, STRATHDEE, MORRISON, WISEMAN, MOIR, MILNE, SHEPHERD, BLACK, BRUCE, RAMSAY, PEARSON, MCPHERSON, SHEED, MCANDIE
Morayshire - MAVER, RAMSAY, PHINN, SIMPSON
Aberdeenshire - MCINTOSH, GILLAN
Kincardineshire - DUTHIE
Ross-shire - MCANGUS, MCKENZIE, TARRELL,
Inverness-shire - MACKAY, FERGUSON, MACCUISH, BEATON, GILLIES, MACDONALD, MACVICAR, MACDIARMID
Louth - KIERAN, KANE, ENGLISHBY, FEGAN

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for descendants of Larry Kane and Ellen Kieran and Graham's - Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 August 14 21:19 BST (UK) »
GDub71, that is a great summary of what you have to date. Hope you find what you are looking for now  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk