Author Topic: From Montgomeryshire to America - Thomas Lloyd  (Read 24817 times)

Offline astra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: From Montgomeryshire to America - Thomas Lloyd
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 February 10 07:38 GMT (UK) »
Dolobran, the old sheep shearing station/village near Dinas Mallwyd. The acual building is now declared unsafe but the walls show the layout. Around are many farms that supplied sheep to the station a long time ago. This is the area known as Dolobran.
As you see, an important hisorical site.

Cheers

Astra

Offline kaya

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 May 10 03:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, to all the Lloyd family. I am also connected to the Lloyd family around the area of Nannau, Cymbychan and Bala,the northen part of walesis. Descent of Cadwagan, half-brother who died in 1111, and also Hywel Sele who was killed by Owain Glyndwr. I have got a lot of gaps among all my information, to how all the Lloyd family interacted with each other.  My grandfather was Albert John Lloyd, and great grandfather was Lewis Thomas Lloyd from Queensland, Australia. Lewis brother was John Robert Loyd, and I think this brother who left Bala and went to Kansas USA, with his family.  Can anyone enlighten me????

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 05 November 10 03:02 GMT (UK) »
I visited Dolobran Hall (near Welshpool) a few years ago. That is still standing, and was inhabited at the time.

Our family believes that there is a good chance that we are descended from the Lloyds of Dolobran and Birmingham ~ and my brother has had a Y-DNA test done.

If anyone is interested in comparing notes, please contact me :)
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 October 13 16:57 BST (UK) »
A link to the Quakers of Montgomeryshire and Shropshire.
http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/ShrewsburyFriends.html
I am related to the Wright and Pritchard families. Pritchard family of Herefordshire and Worcestershire. They formed the meeting house in Almeley, Herefordshire. Both Edward Pritchard and Henry Wright went to Tredyffrin, Pennsylvania.
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 December 13 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock