Author Topic: Bryson family of Dundee  (Read 4098 times)

Offline ChrisWd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bryson family of Dundee
« on: Saturday 22 March 14 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to find out some more information about this family, particularly James Fyall Bryson born 1897 in Dundee.  He was the son of David Sibbald Bryson and Mary Jane Fyall.  He had a brother, David Sibbald junior and a sister Florence born 1891 and 1901 respectively.

David Sibbald Bryson senior and his sons ran a company D.S. Bryson & Sons Ltd, oil refiners, paint and varnish merchants and ship stores merchants.  David senoir died in 1921 and the sons carried on the business until 1926 when it was dissolved and David Bryson junior re-formed the company under his name and ran it alone.  Meanwhile James Fyall Bryson went into partnership with William Miller to form the company Miller & Bryson, paint and general merchants, dry salters, etc, trading from 9 Barclay Place in Edinburgh.  William Miller retired in 1937 and James Bryson carried on the business on his own.

James Fyall Bryson married a woman called Katherine and died 27th January 1952.  His brother David died in 1966.

Any further information about this family gratefully received.

Regards,
Chris
Ward, Darby, Drake, Willmott, Langley

Offline islalk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bryson family of Dundee
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 May 14 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

Have information regarding Sibbald/Bryson family of Dundee.  Not sure how you contact me, but this is a start.

Isla

Offline David Bryson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 April 17 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am David Angus Sibbald Bryson. My father was Angus Alexander Fyall Bryson, son of David Bryson "junior", if you would like to get in touch.
Regards
David

Offline islalk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 April 17 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi David - if you could email me - (*) - I can probably help with your research/family history. My line is from David Sibbald b1823, brother of your Susan (Sibbald) Bryson. There is so much fascinating information. So pleased to hear from you. We are in Nottingham.

Am not in this evening, but around tomorrow.

Best wishes, Isla Keys

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Sgb123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 August 20 19:17 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother was Katherine Dunlop and my father was David James Fyall Bryson. Please get in touch for more information.