Author Topic: Beresfords Lanarkshire Scotland  (Read 16199 times)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beresfords Lanarkshire Scotland
« Reply #36 on: Monday 24 September 12 19:45 BST (UK) »
I'm originally from Glenmavis, where the Beresford brothers seem to have settled. they appear to have gone to Springburn, Glasgow first
I've been trying to do my family tree for the last couple of years.
I think you'll need to do another couple of posts before you can private message.
Again , apologies for not replying sooner.
Trying to find out about those Beresfords has been very time-consuming.
Have you regisered  anywhere else?

Elspeth
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline wilber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 01 October 12 05:54 BST (UK) »
Well I haven't made much progress on my Father's side but I really was very lucky to make contact and share information on my Grannie Beresford's side, (that's the Clarke in my dad's name David,Clarke,Beresford.).  The first of the Irish connections and we have very old pics which go back a fair bit there on her side
She was kind enough to let me have her information and I am still to work through all of the phots we have at my cousin's house in Forrestfield WA. I still find it strange that my Uncle Tom Beresford came all the way from Hillend to live out his days in Forrestfield in WA!
My mother has yet to return a form to the Army records so that I can get information on my father's war service. I have his medals but no history. My Mother hasn't been too well lately and of course like most auld Scots she has had most of the parts of the heart that can be replaced...already done! 
So I don't have much to add for the moment but am happy to be educated.
Willie

Offline twcb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 29 August 14 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi All, I'm another Beresford thats stumbled across this page.. 

My Granddad was William 'Bill' Beresford originally from Blackridge born 1931.  He had an older brother Thomas 'Tam' who lived in Blackridge all his days, younger sisters Elizabeth and Jean.  I believe that his father was John Beresford and his mother had the surname Cochrane.

I don't know too much about the families origins and whether they are related to those in previous posts but just thought I'd let you know that there was yet another Beresford clan around.. :)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 30 August 14 16:31 BST (UK) »
I have a Thomas Beresford who married Mary Hamilton and eventually moved to Blackridge. He died 1938 in Blackridge. as far as I know , he had 4 sons and a daughter . One son Thomas died in a clay mine accident in 1911 . He did have a son called William 1898-1955, but I think he went to Australia. Does anything ring a bell ?
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 30 August 14 16:35 BST (UK) »
PS Thomas's sons were called John (born 1890) James (1891) Thomas (1894) William (1898) and his daughter Maggie (1896) = you may come from the eldest son John , but I don't have any info on him other than he was born in Glenmavis

Offline twcb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 01 September 14 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, it sounds promising.  My Grandads sister Jean is still alive and stays in Bathgate, I hope I can meet up with her soon and run past her, hopefully will be able to let you know