Author Topic: RCEs  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RCEs
« on: Thursday 16 August 12 01:38 BST (UK) »
I have the death cert for my gggrandfather 1882 and now understand how to read the RCE in timeline,(Scotlands people,)but now they are telling me there are no matches for the death.Can someone tell me where I go next Obviously I found the cert.image on someone elses site but need to procure it for myself.
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: RCEs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 August 12 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Does the death record have an RCE recorded next to it or does it apply to one of the other two records ? (you'll only get this from the actual image) If it's the one relating to your gt gt grandfather, go to the top of the screen and click on the RCE button and you will see a copy. If there is no RCE next to his death entry on the actual image then don't as it won't apply to his record and is a waste of credits.

All the death records for Scotland are on Scotland's People so if he died in Scotland then it will  there.  Perhaps you could post the details of the death and we can establish whether there is a record or not?

Ann :D
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 August 12 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,thanks for your reply.The death is of William Wedlock died Jan.20th 1882.Husband of Elizabeth Smith,born in Ireland c1821,father John Wedlock.Cause;accidently killed by falling from the Yett Bridge,Fractured skull.The RCE is by the entry,Vol 11? page 60,but this is where I lose track.It is a copy so no buttons.SP have no matches:Weird.I have also tried to find the Yett bridge with no luck.Would have liked a photo simply to humanise both William and his death.I do appreciate your input Ann ,thanks again Biddy

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 August 12 23:13 BST (UK) »
What was his usual address?

What county was the death registered?

Offline tootsiepie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 August 12 00:48 BST (UK) »
It is there, and it's the only one for 1882 in whole of Scotland.   Perhaps you mixed up the surname and christian name :)
On Google map, search Yett Road, Lanarkshire.    To the N.E. of this on the map, you will see Legbrannock Rd, going over water to join Church street.  Go to street view on the water and you will see the bridge.    A slight stumble and you would be over the wall.
Flynn,Cox, Slaven-Co Longford
Donnelly,McGeown,Hughes,McCrory- Co Armagh
Hargan,Curran,Bradley,Grant,Peoples ,Patton,Dunn-Donegal
Conway,Degnan,McDonald,Cassidy,Kelly,Fenmore,Ryans,Kilkenny,Murray-Ireland/England/Scotland
Reeves,Fox,Williams-Shropshire/Staffordshire/Scotland
Gill,Kane-I.O.M/England/Scotland

Murdoch,Bruce,Rankine,Ballantyne-Ayrshire
McCutchen,McAdam,Wright-Kirkcudbright,Dumfries,Ayrshire

And others

Plus all variations in spellings

Offline Irishseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 August 12 05:32 BST (UK) »
thanks toots.I found the bridge and see what you mean.10-11pm,would have been pretty dark,coming home from the pit or maybe pub,don't know yet.He wasn't found until the following day around 4pm.Very sad. I tried again today,for the death cert. but no luck.I have found that if I am low on credits,searches often come up negative.But I will keep trying again thank you for your input,I am so very grateful,just seeing the bridge makes me feel something very familial.thank you Biddy

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 August 12 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I had one credit left and had a look

search criteria:

You searched for: Surname: "wedl*k"; Surname Option: Wildcard; Forename: "w*"; Forename Option: Wildcard; Sex: "Male"; Year From: 1882; Year To: 1882; County: LANARK;

Result:
1882 WEDLOCK WILLIAM     M 70 NEW MONKLAND LANDWARD /LANARK 651/02 0018

Yours Aye

BruceL

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 August 12 13:27 BST (UK) »
Would Legbrannock be in New Monkland at that time?

Offline tootsiepie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 August 12 15:01 BST (UK) »
The death was registered in the Landward of New Monkland.  His address was Crosshead, or Wester Muirhead .  Legbranock was in Bothwell at that time.  Now I'm wondering if I found the right Yett Bridge.

I also have an address of Legbranock in 1855 which was registered in Holytown in the Parish of Bothwell.

I think it's old map time.
Flynn,Cox, Slaven-Co Longford
Donnelly,McGeown,Hughes,McCrory- Co Armagh
Hargan,Curran,Bradley,Grant,Peoples ,Patton,Dunn-Donegal
Conway,Degnan,McDonald,Cassidy,Kelly,Fenmore,Ryans,Kilkenny,Murray-Ireland/England/Scotland
Reeves,Fox,Williams-Shropshire/Staffordshire/Scotland
Gill,Kane-I.O.M/England/Scotland

Murdoch,Bruce,Rankine,Ballantyne-Ayrshire
McCutchen,McAdam,Wright-Kirkcudbright,Dumfries,Ayrshire

And others

Plus all variations in spellings