Author Topic: The McConnochie Bros? in Cardiff  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Tim Pettigrew

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The McConnochie Bros? in Cardiff
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 September 07 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil

Your grandmother's uncle was William Wallace Pettigrew who lived in the Gardener's House at Roath Park with his wife Ruth (nee McConnachie).  They lived there until 1915 when William was appointed to be in charge of Manchester City Parks.  William's brother Andrew Alexander Pettigrew then took over as Cardiff's head of Parks, and lived in the Gardener's House at Roath Park with his sister Mary Logie Pettigrew (who acted as his housekeeper).  Mary died in 1933 followed by Andrew in 1936.
Pettigrew family of gardners/horticulturists in Ayr and Cardiff

Offline neil rutter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 September 07 04:12 BST (UK) »
for your interest, there is a book in cardiff library and mr aunt catherine llewellin nee ellis used to have a copy of john mcconochies drawing and design of cardiff est bute dock. He also used to live in the ornate house designed by Burgess  just opposite the national museum. He is buried in the cemetary behind allansbank road library. The position is against the wall on the road from roath park that meets cryws road junction with whitchurch road.I cant rember which side of the ornate entrance on this road it is.

Offline fmather

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 October 14 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My father was Sir Ronald Bell. He used to talk of Catheine Lewellin. He was very fond of her. She came to my wedding and then left my siblings and me some money when she died.

Catherine was a first cousin of my father's mother. I

My tree is on ancestry.co.uk

All the best,
Fiona Mather. (Bell)