Author Topic: 93 Sydney Street Chelsea/Kensington 1930  (Read 9684 times)

Offline robthenob

• RootsChat Extra
  • www.robresearch.com
    • View Profile
Re: 93 Sydney Street Chelsea/Kensington 1930
« Reply #18 on: Friday 09 August 13 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather

The Times
12th March 1930
DEATH OF E. RASSELL
 E. Rassell, captain of the Kingstonian Football Club, died suddenly on Monday. He played at full back for the club on Saturday and appeared to be in the best of health. He was about 30 years of age, and lived at Wardo Avenue Fulham. He leaves a widow and one child. He joined the Kingstonian Football Club in 1921, and since then he had been one of their most regular players. For over eight seasons he did not miss a Saturday match. For the last six years he and his brother, F.G. Rassell, were the club's full backs. He had played both for Surrey and London, but had had to decline invitations to play in many representative matches for reasons of business.
 A post-mortem examination is being held, and it will depend on the doctor's findings whether there will be a coroner's inquest.

Regards
Rob
Research into True Crimes.
Family names: Dale, Jones, Lee, Williams, Elsworthy, Parkinson, Martin, Clayden, Harris, Booker, Cole, Renn, Yearsley, Hodge, Smith, Oakley, Goodyer, Melhuish, Sanders, Elliott, Hopkins, Tiler, Fuller, Stacey, Gardiner, Ballard, Rounding, Shaddick, Hodson, Clement, Betteridge, Marshall, and many more.

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 09 August 13 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob and welcome to Rootschat! 

Many thanks indeed for posting that extract, it gives much more information than the clipping I found before.   :)

Kind regards, Heather
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Burston,

I have just come across this post from a few years ago.  Did you make any progress with this?  The Hingstons in Summerland Place are my family and the Chubb marriage was to Hingston, not Kingston.  If you want more detail, let me know.
CONWAY, Westport, Mayo; TEALE, Salford, Manchester; GILCHRIST, Edinburgh; GRIFFITHS, East Stonehouse, Devon / Cardiff; VENNEN (and variations) Cornwall; TOY, Cornwall; ENGLAND, Cromer/Northrepps, Norfolk; LOFTUS, Cissie and Marie, Music Hall Artistes, Glasgow; PORTSWORTHY, Cornwall; SARCHFIELD, Manchester/Southport