Author Topic: Printing of a 15 generation family tree  (Read 690 times)

Offline stubblehill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Printing of a 15 generation family tree
« on: Wednesday 23 July 14 19:36 BST (UK) »

???
My friend having seen my recently printed 7 generation tree from Mycanvas via ancestry has asked me if I would like to put together her family tree which her father did long before computers by visiting churches, archive offices  and any where else he could find what he was looking for but sadly never had it all put together. There are 15 generations in many lines.

She does not have the kind of money needed to have it done by a professional. I feel very privileged to have been asked to attempt to do this and would like to say yes but it is quite a daunting task that I do not want to get wrong

I have an old version of family tree maker. I know given time I could put it all on there but where would I go from there. Are there other types of tree makers that are better and once again how would I go about eventually getting it all printed on a poster?

Make it simple for me!!!

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Printing of a 15 generation family tree
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 July 14 00:00 BST (UK) »
Given the size it will end up - you may want to take a look at this website who offer a very reasonable and realistic price for printing/preparing it for you etc

www.genealogyprinters.com
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 July 14 14:42 BST (UK) »
Go to the Genealogy Printers website, look at their various trees.

Then call Ron, he is fantastic.  If you do, make sure you have the website open on your computer and you can then talk through with him (or his wife) what you actually want.  They can adapt most of their tree layouts to suit any needs.

He will print out your whole tree, or as in my case just a certain branch of it.

I had 2 copies done for my 2 elderly cousins.  They were thrilled, one even more so as it arrived on his birthday.

As said, his prices are very reasonable.   ;)
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline stubblehill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 July 14 15:00 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Thank you both.

I gave Ron a call earlier on today and what a fantastic help he was explaining what I had to do to go about achieving the 15 line tree for my friend, as you say sooooooooooooooooo very reasonable.

Looks like many weeks of work and a real challenge ahead.

Thanks again