Author Topic: Heavy seas 1944  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy seas 1944
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:04 GMT (UK) »
I do remember you posting some photos similar to this a long time ago...nice ones to have in your collection.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:08 GMT (UK) »
I still remember that awesome pilot or cockpit photo.  Think you should give that one another airing China, many people would appreciate seeing that one again (or for the first time).

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Oh...yes...and the flying Doctor in the snow...and I especially remember the beautiful lady in the gown..can't remember if it was a wedding dress...I coloured it silvery blue and you did it powder blue...way back in the days of true appreciation  ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Oh I remember that one!  Wasn't that China's mum?  Absolutely beautiful from memory.  (Sorry China...getting carried away about the good old days!  :) )

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 14 December 14 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Heeheee...yes, that was my mum, and just a couple of days ago I found the wedding photo from the occasion. She was a bridesmaid. Unfortunately I don't recognize the bride.

The frozen doctor was her dad. Small village in Manitoba called MacGregor. He could get called at any hour to drive miles into the countryside to attend a birth, or some dire emergency...could take him hours to get there. Not like today!

Cockpit photo coming up on a new thread :) Also a few new ones I've just unearthed, navy stuff.

Thanks again, crew :)
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 14 December 14 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Oh and what about your Mum as a baby with her parents and a car the make of which I can't remember...or did I make that up!!!! and....1960s China in London in a turquoise trouser suit  :P :D :D :D :D
Carol

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 14 December 14 18:52 GMT (UK) »
That baby was me I think, and the car was a Mercury...and I wish I could still fit into that turquoise pant suit ;D
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 16 December 14 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to post.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 16 December 14 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Oh what a great job, Steve, doesn't that sky look ominous! Smashing, really appreciate the time you took...thank you :)

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull