Author Topic: Milnamow of Templemichael and Killcomic Parish  (Read 12790 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Milnamow of Templemichael and Killcomic Parish
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 12 18:01 GMT (UK) »
What exactly are you trying to locate ?

If, as mentioned in the first post, your aim is the baptisms of the additional children and these could not be located in the Longford town records then maybe they were baptized in a neighbouring parish where the records dont do back far enough...or included on a page now damaged or missing.

The Longford/Templemichael records appear to have been filmed by LDS film 1279219 item 1-9 - so you could recheck those... these go back quite far for RC records (1802). (Few rural RC parishes have records before 1830..)

Other than LDS and NLI films, there are partial transcripts of certain parishes done by individuals online, but as far I know they only major online source for Longford RC records at the moment are the transcripts on the RootsIreland pay-website.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline demartin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Milnamow of Templemichael and Killcomic Parish
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 February 12 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane,

I was just trying to replicate the information that I do have from Longford Roots centre I have baptisms from 1802-1811 from there. Was not able to use the index to even get a hit on the Milnamow surname and its variations.  The baptisms I'm looking for are most likely between 1815-1829.  By the way all the information that I do have is shown from the Parish of Longford.  When in Ireland I also found some useful information at Ardagh. The Townlands involved are Cloonhard and later to Derryad in the KIllashee area.

Daniel