Author Topic: William Weir b 1826 m Ellen Weir b 1838  (Read 4518 times)

Offline terpol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Weir b 1826 m Ellen Weir b 1838
« on: Friday 27 January 12 21:59 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has information on William Weir b 1826 married Ellen Weir b 1838. They had 3 children Lizzie b 1875 m Thomas Pollock b 1870, Ellen J b 1877, Alexander b 1882. William died prior to 1901 as Ellen is shown as widow in that census return.
I need information about both William and also Thomas Pollock's father also named Thomas b 1843 m Eliza Haveron march 1st 1860.

Offline treestumped

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Weir b 1826 m Ellen Weir b 1838
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 12 23:04 GMT (UK) »
just wondering if you have a Mary Weir anywhere in your tree? I don't have much info - likely she'd have been born 1820s.  Married William Forsythe 1843 in Aghalee and had 5 kids (that I know of so far)
Forsythe
Hamilton / Maxwell / Walker  / Combston/Cumistin (?)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline terpol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 January 12 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello treestumped
Mary Weir does not appear in my tree as far as the information I have gathered. However I only have two generations of Wiers' and I am unable to trace back further than this.
Good luck with search and if I find other info will post it.

hello aghadowey
thank you for the links. While Ellen Weir and Thomas Pollock appear in both census the information I seek is prior to these records,but none the less I am greatful.

cheers terpol

Offline Agnetta

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 February 12 06:13 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for info on a Martha/Matty Weir b 1834. She m'd Joseph Black in 1858 in Malone Pres'n church,Belfast.According to their marriage cert. her father was Joseph Weir who would have been born c 1795/1800,married c 1830 +/- 5 years.
Martha had at least one brother John Weir b 1835 (he was living with Joseph Black and Martha in Lambeg,Co Antrim,on 1901 census)May have had a brother Joseph bc 1840,but can't prove that. Possibly,probably other siblings.I don't know Joseph Weir's wife's name (Martha and John's mother)
Any connection ?

Offline terpol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 February 12 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Agnetta
As far as I can tell I have no Martha/Matty Weir in my family tree...since I last posted this thread I have discovered another Weir in my tree...Agnes Weir (birth date unknown)...now the following is at this stage unconfirmed and subject to further investigation.
We have discovered an Agnes Weir who was the wife of Robert Pollock (my gr gr gr granfather) There is some conflicting information regarding Agnes Weir in respect of dates, all I know at the moment is that I have 3 confirmed children, Sarah b 1843, Thomas b 1840 and samuel b 1847....but there are another 5 or 6 girls we cannot trace, but of course their surname would have been Pollock.
So both branches of Weir in my family tree have drawn a complete blank.
Hope you find what you are looking for and if I find anything else I will post it.
Regards
terpol

Offline geishatattoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 October 14 05:49 BST (UK) »
I have a William Weir baptized in Lack, Fermanagh, on August 27, 1826.  He is the son of Christopher and Agnes Weir, but I know nothing about them.  He brother to my great-great-grandmother Phoebe (Weir) Burtchaell.  I don't have much more than that on William, except the names of his siblings, as I have just discovered them.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 October 14 08:21 BST (UK) »
I have a William Weir baptized in Lack, Fermanagh, on August 27, 1826.  He is the son of Christopher and Agnes Weir, but I know nothing about them.  He brother to my great-great-grandmother Phoebe (Weir) Burtchaell.  I don't have much more than that on William, except the names of his siblings, as I have just discovered them.

Fermanagh isn't near Antrim so there's unlikely to be a connection with the people/places mentioned in this ANTRIM thread.

If you click on 'report to moderator' you can ask for your post to be split from this topic and moved to FERMANAGH board as its own topic.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!