Author Topic: Tithe map of Shadycombe - Salcombe  (Read 6026 times)

Offline squiggle

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tithe map of Shadycombe - Salcombe
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 July 09 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

I went for a wander in the churchyard this afternoon and like you, I found the Crocker grave right away. I'm sorry I didn't find your Richard and Jane, which of course doesn't mean that they were not buried there.  I suspect that they probably were. 

The only thing I can think of now is the Exeter Records office. I have never asked for anything over the phone or by letter, but it might be worth enquiring whether they can do anything for you.

Best wishes

Squiggle

Offline chris_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 July 09 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Squiggle

Thanks for your help. I had not thought of contacting Exeter Record Office , I will bear that in mind for my future research.

Regards,

Chris
BENNETT, Acton, Staffs. DAVIES, Pwhelli, Wales. DODD, Bunbury, Northwich, Cheshire. Oldham, Lancs. FIELDING, Glossop, Derby. FOULKES, Denbigh. HAMSON, Leek, Staffs. HANNAFORD, Marlborough, Devon. HAYES, Woodbridge, Suffolk. HUTTON, Stapleton, Bristol. LLOYD, Denbigh,Wales. Collyhurst, Manchester. MILLER, Greenwich, Kent. PARKER, Sibsey, Lincolnshire. Manchester. REVITT, Manchester, and SYKES, Rastrick, Yorks, and Oldham.

Any census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 July 09 16:46 BST (UK) »
If you go to their website at http://www.devon.gov.uk/record_office.htm there is a link on the left side for queries.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline chris_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 July 09 21:04 BST (UK) »
Your link to the Devon County Council web site was very useful, there is lots of information concerning Family History research. I notice that there is a project to digitize the Devon Tithe maps, which brings me back to my original query.

Best wishes

Chris
BENNETT, Acton, Staffs. DAVIES, Pwhelli, Wales. DODD, Bunbury, Northwich, Cheshire. Oldham, Lancs. FIELDING, Glossop, Derby. FOULKES, Denbigh. HAMSON, Leek, Staffs. HANNAFORD, Marlborough, Devon. HAYES, Woodbridge, Suffolk. HUTTON, Stapleton, Bristol. LLOYD, Denbigh,Wales. Collyhurst, Manchester. MILLER, Greenwich, Kent. PARKER, Sibsey, Lincolnshire. Manchester. REVITT, Manchester, and SYKES, Rastrick, Yorks, and Oldham.

Any census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Frank48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 June 14 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi All, Not sure if I am replying to the same article as of earlier, I am new to this site, but I am very interested in the Hannafords of this post - They could possibly be my Great great great great grand parents on om fathers side.  Would appreciate if someone could respond, either via this site or my email,  seivadfd@bigpond.com

Many Thanks

Frank