Author Topic: James Fleck Swindon Died 1804  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Yanna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Fleck Swindon Died 1804
« on: Monday 21 July 14 19:46 BST (UK) »
Please could anyone help me, am looking for the father and the grandfather of James Fleck, I think he died in 1804.  I also think he married a Susanna Faithorne 1n 1768 but am having trouble with everything else :)x

Offline toby webb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: James Fleck Swindon Died 1804
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 July 14 19:53 BST (UK) »
I think this adds a bit more accuracy which  looks like the one you are looking for.
James Fleck, bachelor of Swindon married Susannah Fairthorne spinster    botp
Marriage Date:30 Jun 1768            Banns
As for father etc. that is more difficult for there seem no shortages of James Fleck. Do you have any clues to the family origins?
T

Offline Yanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 July 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hiya, Yes, James Fleck is my fifth great Grandfather. We know he married a Susanna Fairthorne, and they had a Robert Fleck I think in 1778 in Swindon. Who eventually had a Mary Fleck.  But am having trouble tracing his father backwards.  Am also having trouble tracing Robert Fleck's wife.  I think she is called Elizabeth. Other than that I stuck with the Flecks. Though I have managed to find Susanna Fairthorne's parents and her Dad's parents. If you could help I would be very grateful :)x

Offline fairthorne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 15:26 BST (UK) »
Susannah Fairthorne was baptised at Swindon 1741, daughter of Henry fairthorne and Mary Shacksbury who were married 1733 at Rodborne Cheney
Henry was the son of Thomas Fairthorne and Mary Saunders who married 1682 Compton Beauchamp, Berkshire
Thomas was the son of William Fairthorne, baptised 1606 at Shrivenham and Mary Blagrove, married 1642 at Shrivenham
tree does go further back but this should help
cheers
Simon