Author Topic: Marriage of William and Mary Barnard  (Read 2033 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Marriage of William and Mary Barnard
« on: Sunday 06 July 14 09:17 BST (UK) »
Morning

I'm trying to find the marriage record of my ancestors William and Mary Barnard of Clavering, Essex, who married between 1776 and 1783.

I have search the parishes surround Clavering on the Essex side of the border with out any luck. If possible, can someone please check the following parishes which border Clavering on the Hertfordshire side?

Meesden
Brent Pelham
Stocking Pelham

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William and Hannah Barnard
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 July 14 11:03 BST (UK) »
Familysearch has a marriage between William Bernard and Hannah Hall/Hull in 1780 in Sandon. A bit further away than the parishes you listed but have you ruled it out?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William and Mary Barnard
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 July 14 16:05 BST (UK) »
Sorry Craclyn. The brides first name was Mary, not Hannah. My mistake

There are a number of Barnard/Bernard over at Sandon, so there might be a connection there at some point in the future

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William and Mary Barnard
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 July 14 16:32 BST (UK) »
Same question as to what geographical distance you are considering. Have you ruled out the marriage between William Barnard & Mary Doubleday in Besthorpe, Norfolk in 1776 ?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn