Author Topic: William Inward  (Read 555 times)

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
William Inward
« on: Tuesday 19 August 14 02:59 BST (UK) »
I'm searching for William Inward and descendants. I start with Mary Dusolei (1779-18**) who married a William Inward in 1799. There is a will of William dated 1814 which mentions wife Mary, son William, daughters Elizabeth ? and Ann?. A William died 1814 but he was born 1754 so I am doubtful that he is the husband of Mary Dusolei.  A William married Ann Need in 1825 and a son William Need Inward b. 1826.  1851 census shows William Inward b. 1799 widower living alone. Can anyone throw some light on this.        By the way. What has happened to Family Search. org ?  I log in and search says Oooops Page not found.  Roy
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Inward
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 14:01 BST (UK) »
Good Afternoon
Firstly for Familysearch just try putting in Familysearch,it is a new webiste with lots more clicks.It will bring up Search records ,then a search form with a map and you click on England and then again on England records.
Secondly have you looked at the original marriage because it does say both William Inward and Mary are widower and widow,so they would be a bit older.
One of the witnesses is Thomas Dusoli and the other John Willock.
William Inward signs his name and it looks nothing like that signiture on the 1814  Will but then he would be a old man.
It does seem to match with the one on the earlier marriage at St Mary's Lambeth 3.9.1786 to an Elizabeth Tapley both bach and spinster.
Elizabeth Inward  of Fore St  is buried at St Mary's 26.6.1791 and there is a corresponding burial for a William Inward at Fore St 29.7.1822 age 66 years and therefore born 1756.
But then that Will of 1814 does have a wife Mary and is in a better area and has a similar birth date.He is a fishmonger from Litchfiled st St Anne's.

Given that there is also a Will for a William Inward 1787 Lambeth fisherman namimng his wife Elizabeth and children John ,William ,Joseph James and Elizabeth I'd assume he was the father of William from Lambeth who is baptised 28.7.1750.
I'm afraid I think that Will of 1814 is the right one and he is your man.
There is a baptism at St Annes soho for a daughter Elizabeth Inward born 1.12.1800 bapt 14.8.1800 to William and Mary but I can't spot William or Ann. to William and Mary
There is a William s of William and Elizabethborn 7.4.1798 bapt 7.4.1800 at St Anns Soho.William the son remains  at the same property in St anns until 1825 on the tax records.His father owned it from 1789 first as a butcher and then as a fishmonger.
I know that's not the full answer but hope it helps.
PS It is them Thomas Dusoli buried 22.8. 1800 at Litchfield St in St Annes Soho
Ciderdrinker

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 01:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ciderdrinker.  Now I have more to go on.  My Thomas Dusolei was not buried 1800 as his daughter Ann baptised 1803. If Mary was a widow then she is not my Mary Dusolei b. 1779 so William Inward is not part of my tree. Interesting that Thomas Dusolei was a witness at the wedding. I cannot find a previous marriage of a Dusolei to a Mary X
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 07:35 BST (UK) »
Further searching today (Wed) has revealed that Mary Dusolei was born 1760 not 1779 as I thought.
She married John Marshall in 1782 which creates another dead-end for me. I'm still interested in  Mary who married a Dusolei and then Inward.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 August 14 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi
The only marriage I can find to a Mary is this one in the clandestine marriages of London
John  Du Soliel to Mary Hobgood both of St Ann's Westminster 4.8.1751

There is a son Jean baptised 9.10.1752 French chapel Savoy the Strand of St Annes
Godparents John Hobgood,Anne Du Soliel and John Saunders

There is a John Desolie on the Voters Lists for St Anns Westminster at Litchfield St in 1774 a bit of a coincidence.

I can't spot a burial for either but surely she'd be too old to marry William Inward?

Ciderdrinker

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 August 14 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
The only marriage I can find to a Mary is this one in the clandestine marriages of London
John  Du Soliel to Mary Hobgood both of St Ann's Westminster 4.8.1751

There is a son Jean baptised 9.10.1752 French chapel Savoy the Strand of St Annes
Godparents John Hobgood,Anne Du Soliel and John Saunders

There is a John Desolie on the Voters Lists for St Anns Westminster at Litchfield St in 1774 a bit of a coincidence.

I can't spot a burial for either but surely she'd be too old to marry William Inward?

Ciderdrinker
  Yes, I have found those. John Hobgood at the baptism confirms the marriage for me. As you say no deaths . And no suitable. baptisms for John or Mary Hobgood. This also confuses the issue Name:    John Desolai Birth Date:    7 Apr 1757 Baptism Date: Apr 1757 Baptism Place:    Saint Anne Soho,Westminster,London,England Father: John Desolai  Mother: Mary