Author Topic: Ancestors from Ayr  (Read 5123 times)

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ancestors from Ayr
« on: Monday 19 June 06 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone

I am looking for information on Robert McClatchie and Janet Fisher who married 14 April 1798 Craigie Ayr. Any information would be aprreciated.

Heather

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors from Ayr
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 June 06 22:36 BST (UK) »
I'm assuming that you've checked out the Scotland People's web site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and the IGI - preferably at an LDs FH Centre as the online IGI does n't have all records.

I couldn't find them with a quick search on SP.

If there are no records on these two sources, their parents may have been of the non-established church or the record don't exist. Scotlands People have a link to a site which lists the dates for the records for each Old Parish.

Alternatively it might be worth trying to have a look at the Kirk Session minutes in Edinburgh, if you are anywhere near there.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 June 14 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather, don't know if this will be helpful, but I do know that there were, and still are, mclatchie families living in New a Cumnock.  If you type into Google -  Mclatchie New Cumnock, you will see quite a few references that may be worth browsing through.  Also 2 very good websites,

A.    New Cumnock Now and Then.  Website of Stephen Kennedy
B.    History of the parish of New Cumnock. Website of Robert Guthrie
(Type those into google, I am tapping this on my ipad, and haven't quite figured out the copy and paste thingie yet.)

Both these sites have lots if good info and also guest book/forums, Robert Guthries site forum has several mclatchie entries, and even someone who has his own Mclatchie website, shows the link, and who has gathered a lot of old McLatchie info. Both sites have plenty of old photos too.

Hope this is helpful.  I had a lot of assistance from those two forums a number of years ago when I began my own research, which ultimately led to me heading off to New Cumnock to meet my families there.  My own grandparents were from New Cumnock.

I wish you well, and if you do strike gold let me know because I have a number of New Cumnock books written about this special mining district, and in particular the families who lived and worked there.

I also have a couple of excellent photo CDs, sure that there are some mclatchies in there, I'll check it out anyway, and I can tell you what there is, and advise you where you can order the CD. These were done by a friend of mine who grew up in new Cumnock, and he has made several excellent historical CDs. 

If you manage to make a connection, please don't hesitate to PM me with your email address, and I can see what I can dig up for you.  (Yes, I know, please pardon the pun, but if you saw my boxes of historical stuff, you would know that I really will need a shovel to dig through it!) ::)

Best of luck and happy hunting.
Jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 June 14 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Jeanne

Thank you for all that lovely information I will look at it all when I am at home and on my own computer  ;D

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 June 14 02:41 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome Heather.  Happy hunting, I'll be interested to hear if it's of any help to you.
 :) jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 August 14 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Jeanne

Finally got around to checking my family tree only to find that I had their  marriage and this gave me the parents........but Janet died before 2 July 1813 when he married a Jean Hunter and I don't have Janets death.  I also have children to these 2 marriages and I have no info on Jean Hunter apart from the wedding.  I have children for the 2 wives but don't know if I have them all or the right birth dates and Roberts parents John McClatchie and Janet McCowan who married 12 April 1760 and no parents for Janet Fisher either.

Heather

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 June 15 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather, I have only just picked up on this message for some reason!  I notice that you haven't signed in for a while, but if you do get this message, please let me know if you need me to check through my NC books for anything! Did you manage to find your details, I do have some early census info avail to link to, for NC, but probably later years than you are looking for.

Let me know how you're going with your McLatchies anyway!

Jeanne

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections