Author Topic: Lamont's from Scotland  (Read 21289 times)

Offline Chezz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lamont's from Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Friday 05 December 08 23:40 GMT (UK) »

Hume,
 Thank you very much this is so wonderful.
   Cheryl.

Offline Chezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 December 08 02:27 GMT (UK) »

Hi Hume,
 I have been going over the emails and I was wondering who it was that had the Cerebral Haemorrhage, was it John Lamont or Agnes.
Also was there a date for Williams death.
  Chezz.

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 07 December 08 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chezz,

Replied to your PM. :)

hume24

Offline blakeneyhill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 29 August 11 21:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry for a very late reply. I have just started doing some research.

Hi Chezz I am William Cathcart Lamonts grandson, so I must be related to you.  I am from Greenock and I remember his death in 1972.  I have some History that you may not be aware of: William Cathcart Lamont had 4 sons, William, Joseph, Patrick and John and 2 daughters, Eleanor and Agnes, there were 8 grandchildren, 6 in the UK and 2 in Canada, (John and Joseph Lamont).  He was in the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders at Gallipoli and lost a leg in action.  I was aware that there was an Australian connection, but was unsure of the detail, I have done a little research as I have been doing business across AUS and I though I might meet up with a long lost relative.

Anyway if you want more details, photographs etc, please contact.

Offline Chezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 05 April 12 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Blakeneyhill,
I am so glad to hear from you,I have been trying to do the Lamont side of my tree and I keep coming to a dead end,I was looking for some one to help me find where my great grandfather John Lamont died.
I seem to have John older (my grandfather) than William C. Lamont would this be true.
The place we all came from is called Redfern,NSW,Australia,is this the area that you have been searching?
I would like to give you my email address but I don't think we are allowed to put it on here are we.
This is so great.
Chezz.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 05 April 12 11:05 BST (UK) »
Chezz  :)

To send a Peronal Message(PM) just click on the little green scroll to the left of the post of the person
you wish to contact
Email addresses and personal information , such as details of living persons , can then be exchanged

Note - new members will have to make 2/3 post before they can use the PM system
Looks like blakeneyhill has not been on Rootschat since Dec. 2011  :(

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline KAJ58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 30 April 12 08:19 BST (UK) »
I have just started researching my Scottish heritage and my grandmother - Margaret Jardine nee McGuire (b. 1881) is the sister to your Elizabeth, I believe - same notations on death certificate.  I found Margaret Harkins ((?b.1855, Middle or New Parish Renfrew) father and mother Patrick Harkins and Margaret McKinnon)  marriage to a William McIlhenney (6Sep1869 High Church Glasgow) and they had two daughters Rose b. 2 July 1870, Greenock Renfrew and Mary b. 5 Nov 1873 Greenock Renfrew.

I was unaware of the Australia connection - Elizabeth would have been my great aunt - her nephew - my dad (James Jardine) came to Australia in about 1928 (18 years old approx).

I don't have any paperwork except the death certificate at this stage. :)
Dunblane, Dumfrieshire, Annan, Canonbie, Brydekirk: Jardine, Harkness, Jeffray or Jeffery;
Renfrewshire, Greenock, Glasgow and maybe Ireland: Strain or strain, Harkin or Harkins, McGuire
Rockhampton: Johnson; Pollard; Smith
Mackay: Pershouse, Harbottle; Dunkley; Pitman; Hannam, Hanham; Whiteford; Hadden; Hutchinson

Offline KAJ58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 30 April 12 08:20 BST (UK) »
I should have added that I haven't found the link yet from McIlhenney to McGuire ?death ?divorce marriage?
Dunblane, Dumfrieshire, Annan, Canonbie, Brydekirk: Jardine, Harkness, Jeffray or Jeffery;
Renfrewshire, Greenock, Glasgow and maybe Ireland: Strain or strain, Harkin or Harkins, McGuire
Rockhampton: Johnson; Pollard; Smith
Mackay: Pershouse, Harbottle; Dunkley; Pitman; Hannam, Hanham; Whiteford; Hadden; Hutchinson

Offline Chezz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 02:06 BST (UK) »
Hi KAJ58,
I'm sorry but I don't think its the same family as I do not Have any Jardines in my family and Elizabeth's sister was Annie McGuire,and she married into the Bradbeer family.
I have John McGuire aged 36 Labourer,residence 34 Shaw Street,Greenock., married to Margaret McLLhenny(widow) aged 39 of the same address as John McGuire.
Margarets parents were John Harkins & Mary (Straine) Harkins.
John & Margaret Mcguire were married on 2nd Feb 1886 St; Lawrence Chapel,Cartdyke,Greenock.
John & Margaret had two daughters  Annie (maybe Anne) b.1887 died 1933 Australia & Elizabeth b.1889 died 1931 Australia, both born in Greenock.
Regards,
Chezz.