Author Topic: Catherine Poole died somewhere in Ireland after 1969  (Read 935 times)

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Poole died somewhere in Ireland after 1969
« on: Friday 29 August 14 10:58 BST (UK) »
Am absolutely frustrated at not being able to find a death for Catherine because there are no indexes on line for after 1958. Catherine Poole was born Catherine Cameron in 1924 in Forres Morayshire Scotland. She went to work in England and married Jess Poole in 1945 in Newbury Berkshire. They ran a pub in Newbury for a few years. Jess was killed in a traffic accident in 1969 and as far as I know Catherine left shortly after for Ireland. I have no idea where she ended up but I suspect it was Southern Ireland.I know she died between 1969 and 1996. I don't think she remarried but if anyone knows about her and where and when she died I would be very grateful. Thank you
Seoni 

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Poole died somewhere in Ireland after 1969
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 August 14 13:26 BST (UK) »
Glasnevin Trust.Genealogy shows two Catherine Poole's buried there
one from Dublin 8 in 1989 aged 72 born circa 1917
and Dublin 11 in 1995 aged 79 born circa 1916
As you probably know ages given at death are not always reliable as to actual age of person.
It would cost you 3 euro each to look at each burial which would give you informant and address if not buried from say a hospital where the informant could be a Doctor etc.
In your case i dont know how reliable this could be to you as you dont really know where she went or to who.
Regards
Dathai

p s both come up on index when ticking the Widow's box

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 August 14 13:34 BST (UK) »
Maybe this one can be eliminated?
Poole, Catherine, d. 8 May 1995, age: 78yr, w/o Patrick Joseph, St Paul Sec, [FC]
http://www.interment.net/data/ireland/dublin/glasnevin/p/glasn_p01.htm

Added-
From previous post it seems as though Ireland is only a rumour-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=665560.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 August 14 15:52 BST (UK) »
It is not the 1995 death because that Catherine's husband died in 1966 when my Catherine was still married to Jess Poole. She was definitely in Ireland when she died. My cousin remembers her mother talking about not being able to go over to Ireland to Catherine's funeral. I will check out the other death though and see what happens. Seemingly the civil records for more recent years were on www.rootsireland.ie for free but they are now unavailable. Hopefully they will be back.
JS Nairn

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 August 14 16:27 BST (UK) »
It wasn't RootsIreland had them, it was Irish Genealogy http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news/107-civil-records-search-temporarily-unavailable
It could be a long wait, but we live in hope.