« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi again lilbees,

The person in the 1841 census is not Bathshua

Bashua YEOMAN was buried 11 May 1816 Probus aged 41 years

a perfect match for

Bathshua HOTTEN bap 30 Sep 1775  the daughter of William and Philippa

I would suggest this burial would explain Bathshua's death

Mary 14 Jan 1817 aged 8 months  :'(

I will throw these in also (If you don't know about Bathshau's death you may not have these either  ;) )

I see Bennetts brother James was buried 14 Nov 1825 aged 58 I note he left a will but I don't see one for dad on the CRO site. http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/DServe/searchpage.htm
anyway, and his wife Sarah was buried Probus 6 May 1821 aged 57
also son Richard 4 Sep 1814 aged 19

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: YEOMAN
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 23:54 GMT (UK) »
OK,

Mary YEOMAN baptised 11 May 1816 Father Bathsua (baptised the same day as her mother was buried) Some of these things we see make us very sad. This is certainly one. Mum had died in childbirth and was not even listed at baptism.  :'( It was after the forms arrived so full entry may say more.

Bennet YEOMAN = Temperance BARNS 21 Jun 1818 Probus

Possibly, Temperance BARNS baptised St Clement 23 Jun 1771 parents Charles and Temperance.

Full entry for the marriage may provide a status for her. I do not see an earlier BARNS = a Temperance ? in Probus anyway. Given her age as 70 in 1841, she would not have had children with Bennett.

Hope it helps.

Cheers Kris  :)

Offline lilbees

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 March 09 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Wow! Kris, you handed me a bunch......will have to digest what you have found and get back with you. At least I now believe Temperance is another wife to Bennett. Will lay out all the information and check any documentation I have or not of.

Thank you again,
lilbees

Offline lilbees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 March 09 12:14 GMT (UK) »
I know it is early but I cannot get it through my head how to use the link you posted to search out what you have found. Is it just me or is that website difficult?

http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/DServe/searchpage.htm

lilbees

PS Any helpful hints?

Offline lilbees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 March 09 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Okay, found a family tree at Ancestry that has Mary Warrick. Don't think this is a wife of James. There was another child born to this couple (Catherine). James would have been 80 at the time. With this news I guess it is not a fit at all. Need to have a definite birth date for James rather than abt 1845 so I can send for some type of documentation.

Once again, stuck!  ??? Unless someone has other ideas?

Hopefully, with the dates for Bennett and James Jr. I will be able to send for the proper documentation now.

lilbees

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 March 09 19:24 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry lilbees, I am quite lost here. Who is James born 1845? I have not got to 1845. I have not come upon a Mary Warwick in what I think is your line.  Are you talking about James = Mary Nankevil? I thought he was born 1731 not 1745.  :-\ I gave you the baptism above. I see No James b c 1745. Which James do you think is having a child at 80?

You seem to be getting into a lot of trouble with other peoples trees. Might be best to ignore what other people say and work your own line backwards.............Kris

Offline lilbees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 March 09 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kris,
James b. 1731, mistyped earlier. Sorry.
I do agree about the other James and Catherine marriage.

I am in the process of sending for actual records to see if they will be of more assistance. At this point, without proper documentation, all sound good.

I had located the marriage of James and Mary Warwick but it seems that is not the same as my James, husband of Mary Nankevil.

Good advice Kris about working backwards. Sometimes we can be mislead by jumping around which is quite easy to do.

Thank you so much.
lilbees

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 15 March 09 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Jo lilbees,

Documentation on these early events will not be likely to add any information. Marriages after 1754 and baptisms and burials after 1813 will have more information included. Prior to that time all there is is one line in the parish register. There is nothing further included. The forms for marriage arrive in 1754. They have witness names and possibly a marital status added. (signatures also if they could write) If there was an occupation it would be in these marriage entries. Baptism entries after 1813 add an occupation for the father and you may get a bit more as to residence. Burials after 1813 may also list something of a residence, and may but not necessary state wife of, son/daughter of.

Early record so nothing further as to age etc but I suspect James was buried Probus 13 Apr 1799. He certainly did not marry Mary Warwick

All the best......Kris

Offline lilbees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 March 09 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Kris, many a thank you again.

I appreciate the background on English records. Much different than the Italian records I have been buried in lately. With those 1806 is the limit in most Archives. Only then to search the Parishes. If they want to answer.

lilbees

P.S. I obviously need to read researching English records more closely.