Author Topic: Death Record Channel Islands...  (Read 4694 times)

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Death Record Channel Islands...
« on: Thursday 04 October 07 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone.....Wonder if any of you can help ?
We have info from the Priaulx Library recording the fact that my 4xGtGrandfather Thomas Bramwell is buried at Candie Cemetery..Plot No D113x..they tell me that Thomas bought this plot on the death of his wife Alice July 12th 1841.....According to them he was buried in the same plot on 23rd July 1844 aged 65years and 5mths.. There are also several of their Grandchildren and later his son and daughter-in-law also buried in the same plot...
Another decendent has applied for Thomas's Death Certificate but Guernsey Reg Office say no one of that name recorded...
I doubt very much that he could have died on England since he died 20th July and buried the 23rd July 1844..don't think they could have got him back in 3 days ???
Are there any records ie: BMD for Channel Islands we can search??
Many thanks.....LL.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline pete11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record Channel Islands...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 March 12 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello by chance I was taking pics in the Candie Road cemetery yesterday and came across one with a Thomas Priaulx, if you contact me at (*) I can then send you it, plus I can check any further details you may require it had a lovely green copper crest on it, this Thomas priaulx was from Montville house, hope this may be of use to you.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline floggle toggle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record Channel Islands...
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 May 13 13:13 BST (UK) »
this might be of use, but uploaded  as a test.
Wheatley Sussex/Australia, Heasman - Tasker - Tester Sussex, Locock - Wilmington Sussex/Devon, Mankelow Kent