Author Topic: Felling/Gateshead Electoral Rolls  (Read 11227 times)

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Felling/Gateshead Electoral Rolls
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 February 09 21:43 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Helen.

Best wishes

Fay
Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 February 09 14:09 GMT (UK) »
hi i dont know if this site is anygood for any of you,s but my ancestors also came from the area you are wanting  and i found it to be great it has all sorts of things as in church baptisims , marrages etc photographs ,  on bill quay  heworth , felling etc  my ancestors are morrison , hutchinson, harrison among a few  its not just for colliery ancestors  but covers a lot of things it even has a message board !! the site is www.wardleycolliery.com   please let me know what you think of it

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 February 09 14:27 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for posting details of that site. I am just off to have a mooch about.

Regards

Fay
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline helsbels81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 February 09 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this, just had a look through and found a very intersting photo on the message boards.  It is of Bill Quay Football Team and has my gt grandfather Charles McStea (McStay on photo) and his brother Henna McStea on it along with 2 people with the name Mellon.

Fay - I've just spoken to my grandmother and she remembers the Mellon's and there are still some living in Pelaw.  She said she wouldn't be surprised if my Convery's were related to the Mellon's!  Yet to find a connection, but will let you know if I do.

Helen
Slater, Smith, Holmes, Anderson, Arrowsmith - Northumberland, Durham
McStea, Murphy, Kelly, Convery - Ireland, Durham
McCann, McAndrew - Ireland, Scotland, Durham
Corfield, Norman, Davison, Parkin - Durham
Balsdon - Bristol, Middlesex, Durham
Noble, Newton - Northumberland
McCullough - Ireland
Clark - Scotland
Munro - Kent

Offline granger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 February 09 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Oldhippyone, I was born in Felling in the late 40s, lived in Pelaw and went to school in Bill Quay.   Moved to the USA 20 years ago and your Wardley Collery site was very interesting to me....brought back a lot of memories.  Thanks

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 February 09 18:21 GMT (UK) »
hi helen , im so pleased wardle was of use to you , iv had it in my favourets for a long time with other sites for gateshead , heworth etc , i keep looking on wardle site as they keep adding to it but im not as lucky as you were i havent found any of my relatives on it !! and as for finding picture of your relie,s was amaising !!! i hope others will benifit  from it

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 February 09 18:25 GMT (UK) »
hi granger im so pleased you got pleasure from this site , you say you lived in felling , pelaw you might have frown up besides my relie,s  morrisons !!! , i will look in my favorites and see if any of the other sites are worth placing on hear ,

Offline helsbels81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 15 February 09 18:37 GMT (UK) »
oldhippyone - it was lovely when I found that photo, my grandmother was here and I just handed her the laptop and said "do you recognise anyone on this?"  She couldn't believe it, she then had to look at all of the photos for Pelaw and started pointing people out.  Made her happy!

Thanks

Helen
Slater, Smith, Holmes, Anderson, Arrowsmith - Northumberland, Durham
McStea, Murphy, Kelly, Convery - Ireland, Durham
McCann, McAndrew - Ireland, Scotland, Durham
Corfield, Norman, Davison, Parkin - Durham
Balsdon - Bristol, Middlesex, Durham
Noble, Newton - Northumberland
McCullough - Ireland
Clark - Scotland
Munro - Kent

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 February 09 18:51 GMT (UK) »

Helen

Just found the photo you referred to.  My Grandfather played football - played for Chester and Aston Villa in the 1920's - hence leaving Bill Quay.

He also had a brother called Michael.

I cannot say if those are my ancestors in the photograph as I never knew my Grandfathers family.

Hope to hear from you re a Convery connection.

Regards
Fay