Author Topic: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries  (Read 141910 times)

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries
« Reply #288 on: Friday 06 September 13 20:41 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for my great great grandfather John McIntosh, died 6 December 1919, husband of Alice Dryburgh Crichton, who died 3 December 1939

Hi again Iain I see that they are menioned on their daughters Isabella  headstone
in Methillmill Cemetery,but not sure if they are buried their but Isabella could have been
given the use of the lair and decided to use it for her husband and herself,

ILMO John Paton d. 17.10.1966 aged 73 beloved husband of Isabella McIntosh d. 3.12.1976 aged 83 and her parents John & Alice McIntosh

there is also this other inscription from Methilmill Cemetery, anything to do with
Alice Dryburgh Crichton ?

224.   Sacred to the memory of Isabella Moyes beloved wife of William Crichton (late Fife Police) d. 13.3.1938 aged 59. Also the above William Crichton d. 6.12.1963 aged 86. Also their son John Crichton d. 27.3.1969 aged 61y beloved husband of Grace Dryburgh d. 17.7.1973 aged 67y

Pictures are available  Norrie

Thanks for that Norrie. I've spoken to a relation and he says he has a photo of the headstone from the late 70s where the inscription above is visible. I've only ever seen a photo of it from recent times with very badly faded writing. Thanks for your help though, I guess John and Alice McIntosh were perhaps in there already with a cheap headstone marker and then they got the newer one when John Paton died in 1960.

As for the Crichton one, it could well be a connection, but I've yet to fully investigate that branch. No doubt when I do, I'll come back to you with other names! :)

Iain
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Thursday 03 October 13 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie. Fresh from a visit to Edinburgh to Register House yesterday and I did some digging on my McIntoshs, the siblings of my Great Grandmother mentioned previously. I believe Alice H McIntosh (married to Alexander Allison) 1906 to 1971 to be in Methilmill, along with her brother David Crichton McIntosh (married to Jemima Black) 1901 to 1963. They also had a brother William McIntosh (married to Robina Smith) who died in 1950 aged 47, but I'm not sure if he's in there or not too.

Iain
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Friday 04 October 13 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie. Fresh from a visit to Edinburgh to Register House yesterday and I did some digging on my McIntoshs, the siblings of my Great Grandmother mentioned previously. I believe Alice H McIntosh (married to Alexander Allison) 1906 to 1971 to be in Methilmill, along with her brother David Crichton McIntosh (married to Jemima Black) 1901 to 1963. They also had a brother William McIntosh (married to Robina Smith) who died in 1950 aged 47, but I'm not sure if he's in there or not too.

Hi Iain these are inscriptions from Methilmill Cemetery

431.   ILMO Alexander Allison beloved husband of Alice McIntosh d. 18.8.1966 aged 61. Also the above Alice McIntosh d. 29.3.1971 aged 65. Also his mother Helen W. Allison 1882 – 1958. Also their son John d. 10.6.1995 aged 64

1704.   Treasured memories of David G. McIntosh d. 20.2.1963 aged 32 beloved husband of Jemima Black d. 6.9.1992 aged 80

There is no Stone for William McIntosh in my index

attached photos of stones

Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: Friday 04 October 13 12:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you Norrie that's brilliant. :) Exactly who I was looking for.

Iain

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Friday 04 October 13 13:40 BST (UK) »
As this topic is now at 30 pages I'll lock it and start a new topic here(Part 2).

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=663484.msg5089043#msg5089043

Please post any new requests or replies on the new topic.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records