Author Topic: Sullivan Kilnaclasha Skibbereen Co Cork  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Tiopeal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sullivan Kilnaclasha Skibbereen Co Cork
« on: Thursday 22 May 14 18:43 BST (UK) »
I have Sullivan connections living in Kilnaclasha in my tree, where there seems to be many Sullivan families living, and having children in the records during the 1800s. Is there anyone else out there with similar connections?

Offline SullivanHolmes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Sullivan Kilnaclasha Skibbereen Co Cork
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hi. So happy to see your post.  Not sure if we can link up but I recently found out my ancestor Elizabeth Regan was baptized in 1826.  She was the daughter of Charles Regan and Helena Sophia Cornwall of Kilnaclasha. Elizabeth married Denis Sullivan in the Schull Parish on October 3, 1847.  They left during the famine the following year and landed in New York on September 11, 1848.  They had three sons in New York:  Timothy, James and Charles (my Great-Grandfather) prior to returning to Ireland in 1858 where they had three more children:  Elizabeth, George and Helena in 1864.  Helena's birth record on the civil registration shows they were living in Ballydehob.  The family then returned to the US a few at a time between 1865-1868.  We do not know why.  I have a tree on tribal pages and DNA in the 23andme data base.  If any of this sounds familiar, I would love to hear from you.  Thanks.

Offline Tiopeal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't think I can be of much help to you, as those names do not come up in my tree. I do have information on Sullivans in Skibbereen townlands such as Adrigool, Derrylugga etc but not as far out as Ballydehob. I checked the tithe applotments and Griffiths and there seems to be a Regan living in Kilnaclasha alright. I also have a copy of the land records for Kilnaclasha but the Regan seems to be gone from there by the 1860/1870s. I have done my DNA with a different company but am yet to receive results (I hear its a long process). If there is anything else you would like to know about Kilnaclasha, please let me know.

Offline Tiopeal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 16:24 BST (UK) »
By the way, I am not sure if you have come across these, but just in case:
In Eliza's baptism the sponsors and Atterridge and Power. For Agnes Louise, both sponsors were Powers. Then for this child Maria Teresa O'Regan - the parents are Charles Regan and Heleana Power - maybe an error by the priest - an Alderidge is a sponsor. Here is the link -  http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/44f4290156051 Just an observation in case you have not come across them.