Author Topic: Sabiston's Of Orkney Islands  (Read 50422 times)

Offline airdlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Home
    • View Profile
Re: Sabiston's Of Orkney Islands
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 December 06 22:29 GMT (UK) »
John Sabiston died 12 June 1875 in Stromness age 65. Parents were William Sabiston,schoolteacher,deceased and Helen Sabiston nee Linklater, deceased.
Mackay,Manson,Morrison - Tongue,Skerray,Farr
Morrison,Mackay,Falconer,MacAskill- Eddrachillis
Bain,Henderson,Levack,Gunn,Sinclair - Caithness
Hourston,Spence,Whitelaw,Banks,Brown,Wylie,Louttit,Drever - Orkney
and a few more - Revolta,Jobson,Spendlove

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 December 06 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Oh I had his parents as John Sabiston and Martha Johnston.......
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline airdlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 December 06 22:42 GMT (UK) »
This is definately husband of Margaret Creelman. Sorry!
Mackay,Manson,Morrison - Tongue,Skerray,Farr
Morrison,Mackay,Falconer,MacAskill- Eddrachillis
Bain,Henderson,Levack,Gunn,Sinclair - Caithness
Hourston,Spence,Whitelaw,Banks,Brown,Wylie,Louttit,Drever - Orkney
and a few more - Revolta,Jobson,Spendlove

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 December 06 22:44 GMT (UK) »
No problem I will just change it I wasn't sure anyway. So I guess I will need a marriage certificate for William Sabiston and Helen Linklater instead plus John Sabiston and Margaret Creelman.
Thanks for straightning that out for me.
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

Offline McMullen

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 January 07 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi my name is Shirley McMullen and my grandfather is Peter Elmer Sabiston.  My mother, (Mary Viola Mae Sabiston) was his oldest Daughter.  The picture you have in your display shocked me, I couldn't believe I was looking at him on the internet.  I assume the other two in the picture are his father, and grandfather; my great grandfather and great great grandfather.  My grampa (Peter Sabiston) lived with us for almost 10 years prior to his death.  Write me back and we can talk. I have been looking for information about John McDonald and his Wife Mary (Buck) McDonald (nee Flett) for years.  Do you have information or pictures?  I am so excited to have a chance to find more about my family.  My mom, passed December 27, 2005 and  my mom's sister Verna, passed in March'06. There are still  6 siblings living along with a half brother and half sister. There were 8 children by Peter Sabiston with Ingabord Natalia Olson, and then he had two more children with another woman, and one other child with Kathleen Barnett. Interesting to find out who you are as we are related. 

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 January 07 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello cousin Shirley and welcome to Roots Chat. The picture you are looking at is as it says; John Sabiston, James Sabiston and Peter Elmer Sabiston.
That is your grandfather, great grandfather and great-great grandfather.
I have not been able to locate any pictures of John McDonald and Mary (Buck) McDonald but I have managed to locate a picture possibly of George Flett and Charlette Tourangeau although it is not of very good condition. I am waiting for verification as to whether it is them.
Your sister Gail and brother Tom have copies of John and Margaret and James and Mary's pictures.
If you need more information just email me at the home email.

Cousin George

Offline rsabca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 08 February 09 17:46 GMT (UK) »
I was just browsing for some Sabiston info and came across your query of a few years ago. I just signed on to the trial subscription of this to try it out and provide you with some info that may be of assistance. There was a James McKay Sabiston born in 1836 (don't have the info with me right now but it was in the 1830's) who left Orkney for Canada.

Let me know if this is of any help.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 08 February 09 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi rsabca

Welcome to Rootschat........

I don't have a James McKay Sabiston as a direct relative in my family tree however they say all Sabistons from Orkney are related. He is probably a cousin to my line.

Are you a Sabiston descendant??

Spanish Eyes

Offline rsabca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 13 February 09 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes. James came to Canada with the Hudson's Bay. Managed a trade post in Savona (near Kamloops). Then, it seems, went to Nanaimo BC. Still a few lost links between generations.