Author Topic: Did Edward have a thing about girls named Jane?  (Read 1871 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Did Edward have a thing about girls named Jane?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 March 14 16:21 BST (UK) »
I do understand that the certs are expensive having spend hundreds if not more on certs myself before it all came online, just one might hold a key to so much else, if you get enough information then certs may not be needed

Unfortunately I can't find baptisms for any of these children either, registration for those that are shown registered are born E London registration district, (Jessy and Alice) I wonder where that was?, I think that may be holding up any further census as  often they can be found with just a year of birth, plus or minus a year either side and a place of birth but in this case East London is to wide
Louisa Maud

added, there is a Frederick John Aiked registered E London 1867, is this your Frederick
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 13:17 BST (UK) »
And the ambiguous Southwark/Lambeth/Lewisham covers virtually ALL of South East London in Southwark and Lewisham (Postal Codes SE1 - 28) with the exception of SE9/10/18/2 & 28 which come under Greenwich.
Lambeth covers quite a large area of SW London.

Certificates even if only a couple at £9.25 will prove to be money well spent in your research.

If you do decide to buy a certificate of any child I would suggest not the first but a later one as it could be that they did not marry until after 1st child was born (I have had this a couple of times - so learned by experience).
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 13:57 BST (UK) »
 E London RD     became City  RD  in 1870

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/east%20london.html