Author Topic: Farbrace, Fairbrace, Fairbrass  (Read 2371 times)

Offline farbrace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Farbrace, Fairbrace, Fairbrass
« on: Monday 03 March 08 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, If I have not had a chat with you before and are interested in the Farbrace, Fairbrace or Fairbrass name then please get in contact. I am doing a one-name study of these names and we could be of use to each other. Look forward to hearing from you - John O'Shea

Offline sunlight64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Farbrace, Fairbrace, Fairbrass
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 07:27 BST (UK) »
Anyone know anything about a  Henry Fairbrass born 1868 died 1926 Canterbury had a son called Henry.  I would like to know who is father and mother where. I think his 2nd wife was called Lillie.???   Patricia
Twyman, Bartlett, Kent,  Simpson-Birmingham Warwickshire

Offline farbrace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
 Patricia.......Henry Fairbrass born 1866 who died in1926 Canterbury was only married once to Mary Ann Brett. He was baptised at Bekesbourne. Parents were John Fairbrass and Eliza Mount......However another Henry Fairbrass born 1847 baptised Lower Hardres married firstly Margaret Ann Wake 1876 and then Lillie Twyman 1905. His parents were William Henry Fairbrass and Mary Foord. They had 2 children 1880 Steven Edward and 1884 Henry Thomas. Hope this helps...if you have any info on date and place of death for this Henry I would appreciate it as I have yet to locate it, John.

Offline sunlight64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 02:20 BST (UK) »
HI and thank you for your reply. Canterbury Collections on FindMyPast- (I've not been there I received this info from Simon)   12 Nov 1905 St. Mildreds Canterbury-Marriage Lillie Twyman and Henry Fairbrass.  I would like to  know what kind of  person he was, what he did, and I'm greatful Lillie finally married. Census 1911 living at 3 Watling St. Sq. in Canterbury.  Maybe this will help you.   If you can spare anymore info on them ;)... Patricia

Offline sunlight64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 02:35 BST (UK) »
Lillie died 1920 St. Mildreds Canterbury, at 50.  If it wasn't this Henry who died in 1926.  Then I'll have to search again.  This Henry was about 58yrs.  and Lillie 36 in 1905.    Patricia

Offline farbrace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 13:27 BST (UK) »
The Henry who died in 1926 Canterbury died 9 June 1926 and the index of wills and admons had administration going to his wife Mary Ann Fairbrass she died the following year. They lived at Wincheap and 1911 census has them living with son William John.
Lillie Twyman's marriage in 1905 list Henry's father as William deceased and he was a widower...I therefore confirm Henry as being born in 1847 baptised 12 March 1847 St Mary Lower Hardres.  He was never very accurate with his age on census.......1911 - 54; 1901 - 47; 1891 - 40; 1881 - 30; 1871 - 19; 1861 - 11; and 1851 - 3
So Henry's parents were William Henry Fairbrass/Farbrace and Mary Foord who married Bishopsbourne 12 Apr 1834. Henry's Grandparents were Edward Fairbrass/Farbrace baptised 10 Sep 1775 Littlebourne and Sarah Thorp married St Andrew Canterbury 8 May 1796. This Edward was older brother to my 5xGreat Grandfather John Farbrace. As far as more info on him as a man ....only he was an agricultural labourer according to all census entries however his son Henry appears to have been  a bit of a rogue - 9 Oct 1897 stole 2 shillings - had 6 strokes of the birch; 31 Dec 1897 stole a tame rabbit worth 4 shillings - had 12 strokes of the birch; 22 Jul 1898 stole 2 skull caps worth 2 shillings - imprisoned for 14 days and sentenced to 3 years at reformatory school from 5 Aug 1898. This may have reformed him as on 16 September 1901 he signed up for 3rd Buffs  soldier number 6361 aged 18 years 4 months he married Harriet and is buried at Halfway Cemetery Sheerness 24 Jan 1946. Hope this helps and is of interest.

Offline sunlight64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 15:16 BST (UK) »
Yes and tks again.  You see Lillie was my grandmothers mother and her(Lily) family was quite interesting;) My grandmother born  1888 to Lily Twyman.  I believe that Lillie had only one child she is  Ada Twyman.
Well I guess searching does clear up a few things.   I will search later to see about her(Lily) final resting place... to make sure it is Canterbury.    Patricia