Author Topic: GWATKIN, All  (Read 9322 times)

Offline YvonneT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GWATKIN, All
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 August 10 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,can you or any one help.
 I have a Jane Gwatkin married to Frederick Gabb, They are my G/G parents, Jane is from Walford and Fred is from Elmore, gloucestershire. The Problem I have is that a Caroline Gwatkin married Eli Gabb. Both in the gloucester district and all there children, 12 in totally are born in the same area. I can't as yet find a link with these to couples.  ??? any help would be wonderful.

Offline Anarchia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 August 10 22:12 BST (UK) »
Caroline and Jane are sisters, daughters of Richard Gwatkin and Elizabeth Dobbs.
This family is on the Gwatkin one name study website at treesandstars.com/Gwatkin.
I am not sure whether Frederick and Eli were brothers, although it seems likely. I will have a hunt, and add that information to the website once I have solved the puzzle.
All the best!
Baxter, Yorkshire    Bezant - Wiltshire
Bluett - Suffolk    Buist - Scotland
Chadwick, Yorkshire    Gwatkin - Chepstow
Johnson - Ragnall    Mason - Nottingham
Mettam - Sutton    Parker - Ayrshire
Ryde - Middlesex    Smith - London
Tunnard - Tuxford    Winchester - Moray

Offline YvonneT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 August 10 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hello,  Thank you so much for the link to the Gwatkin one name study, All good and have worked out dates and names, just hunting out the Gabbs, James and Malpass family links.

Regards Yvonne

Offline dgabb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 August 14 20:48 BST (UK) »
Hi my great great grandfather is Eli Gabb married to caroline, did you find anything out

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 February 23 05:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,can you or any one help.
 I have a Jane Gwatkin married to Frederick Gabb, They are my G/G parents, Jane is from Walford and Fred is from Elmore, gloucestershire. The Problem I have is that a Caroline Gwatkin married Eli Gabb. Both in the gloucester district and all there children, 12 in totally are born in the same area. I can't as yet find a link with these to couples.  ??? any help would be wonderful.
Hi Yvonne, I know this is quite some years later, but in case you didn't find the Gabb connection, I can also confirm that Eli and Frederick were first cousins. Frederick's father Daniel was the brother of Eli's father Thomas. Daniel and Thomas were my great x 4 grandfather William Gabb's first cousins. If you would like any further information on the extended Gabb family, please feel free to send me a message.