Author Topic: DAVIES of Pembrokeshire 19th Century  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Ceidwad Goleudy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DAVIES of Pembrokeshire 19th Century
« on: Friday 13 March 09 00:11 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother was Louisa Ann Davies born in 1863 in Roch, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire. In 1881 she married William Henry Aston and they moved to Penrhys, Glamorgan. Louisa's siblings were David Alexander born in 1848 in Nolton, Pembrokeshire and died 1871 in Australia; Norrine born in 1849 in Camrose, Pembrokeshire; Mary also born in Camrose in 1851 and died 1911; John Henry born in 1853 in Roch, Pembrokeshire; William also born in Roch in 1855; Ruth born in 1857 in Nolton, Pembrokeshire and died  1938 in Nanticoke, Luzerne, Pennsylvania, USA; Benjamin also born in Nolton in 1860 (was a Coal Miner and Baptist Minister) and died 1936; Lewis born in 1862 in Roch, Pembrokeshire and died 1943 in Boolgroo, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia; and Naomi also born in Roch in 1866.

Louisa died in 1947. Louisa's father was Henry Davies and he was born in 1823 in Lambston, Pembrokeshire. Henry was a coalminer in Roch in the 1851 census but by the 1861 census he was an agricultural labourer in Nolton. In the census from 1881 onwards he had moved to Cwm Rhondda, moving from Ystrad Rhondda to Penrhys in Glamorgan where he had to returned to the job of being a collier which he did until his death on the 13th of August 1891 in Ystrad Rhondda.

Henry Davies had married an Eliza Davies of the same surname. Eliza was born in 1826 in Maenclochog, Pembrokeshire. Eliza died on the 16th of December 1893 in Ystrad Rhondda, Glamorgan.

That is as far back as I've been able to go as I've been unable to find the parents or siblings of either Henry or Eliza. With both having the common surname of Davies and both coming from Pembrokeshire I know this is a tall order and a long shot but if there are any relatives on here who have traced this Davies family any farther back down the line then, please get in touch!

Regards,

Goleudy
Armstrong - Broseley, Shropshire

Aston - Broseley, Shropshire
            Ystrad Rhondda, Glamorgan
            Pontnewyndd, Trevethin, Monmouthshire
            Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan

Bebb - Treorchy, Glamorgan
           Tredegar, Monmouthshire
           Llanbrynmair, Montgomeryshire

Davies - Roch, Haverfordwest,
              Lambston and
              Maenclochog, Pembrokeshire

Offline ttenneb

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DAVIES of Pembrokeshire 19th Century
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 July 13 11:24 BST (UK) »
I Live in Nolton in Pembrokeshire and research; this area and its past residents and also people who emigrated to Australia from Pembrokeshire. Perhaps we can help one another. Mike