Author Topic: Alice Fitt to Canada  (Read 4379 times)

Offline lynn53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Fitt to Canada
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ and everyone else,
I'm back off hols with my mum and we had amazing weather for the UK!! I'm around till Sat when I go to USA to join my hubby who works over there 1 week in every 6 and we intend to have a hol for us two. I've not managed to find any more info on Alice May at the moment.
Bye for now,
Lynn

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, Lynnn, as it's not my thread, so I wasn't going to butt in again, but I think Jo might not have received notification that there was an answer from you...I've p.m'd her to let her know for next time she's online...
It's her elderly pal who would be the actual rellie, but it would be exciting if this is the first time your mom & she hear of each other...
it sounds very much as though Alice May Fitt might have been a home child, if past memories are correct, but no evidence has turned up yet, as not all the children are in the database, and she's not been found on a ship's list...

The BHC story is an interesting ( but very sad) one, so you may want to read up on it anyway, if not familiar with the history...However, try not to paint us all with the same brush as you read... :P
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,355348.0.html
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 September 09 04:52 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

So lovely to be contacted by you JJ. I have had a quick read of my post here and realise that all concerned do already know each other.
Lyn, this query was created for your relative Maureen, from Australia.
So if you do need any extra info, Maureen probably would have it, I do believe that we did manage to go further back, but you would know this. You too, would have this information.
Sorry, for the delay.

Kindest regards,
Joanne, - Maureens friend
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline RussenGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 August 14 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am related to the Russens. I think I already have contact with Lynn but I think it would be a good time to catch up with latest findings.

James Russen is my First Cousin 3 times removed and I am interested in all things Russen.

Please contact me and we can compare notes.
Russen/Russin/Russon - anywhere
Allington/Ollington - Suffolk
Townshend - Norfolk
Whatford - Surrey/Middlesex
Mason/Mace - Norfolk/Essex
Tayt(e) - Norfolk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 25 August 14 20:53 BST (UK) »
I got a kick out of reading this old thread  ;D thanks for rejuvinating it. Have you found that Alice May may not have gone to Canada...( ie: Have you found her in 1891... I see she is in 1881 England ) Alice May is not visible on any incoming lists thus far, is she on any coming into the U.K.?)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline RussenGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 August 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
Sorry but I don't have any news on Alice in the census but a Miss A Fitt did make an application for a passport in 1895. Not sure if that is the same person or if it has any relevance.

I was just trying to find out what everyone else knows so far. I have a lot of information on James Russen and his family.
Russen/Russin/Russon - anywhere
Allington/Ollington - Suffolk
Townshend - Norfolk
Whatford - Surrey/Middlesex
Mason/Mace - Norfolk/Essex
Tayt(e) - Norfolk