Author Topic: Joyce in Kilmore, Brackagh (maybe!)  (Read 8783 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joyce in Kilmore, Brackagh (maybe!)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 November 13 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Civil registration of Catholic marriages began in 1964 and non-Catholic ones from 1845. Before these dates you won't find the marriage listed in the civil registration index.

There may or may not be a surviving church reocrd of the marriage buit not all surviving records are online.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 November 13 23:57 GMT (UK) »
I suppose (if this is Andrew and Rachel in Kilmore) they could have been married prior to 1845. This Rachel would have been about 19- 24 years old. So maybe marriage is not available, thanks!

Sorry for going over this again..... great info on the ordering of certificates, but I am still not sure how to do it. Am I right that I cannot order a death certificate online, but must post a money order? when I go to the link for GRO, the certs cost 20 pounds, not 4. I can't find a downloadable document to send by post, as the information suggests in the link for. This is so basic, sorry if I am being a pest!

this is where I went: You can search the registrations for all Ireland up to 1922, and for Republic of Ireland up to 1958.

Certs are available by post from the GRO. Download the order form from the GRO website - see : http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm 
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 November 13 00:10 GMT (UK) »
This might answer your questions re: ordering certificates-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=599538.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 November 13 01:17 GMT (UK) »
ok, I found the 'by post' form and will chance it for a copy of Rachel Joyce's death cert - see if there is anything trying that lady with the parents of my Thomas Joyce.

thanks everyone for your help!!
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 November 13 22:32 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my gtgtgt grandmother Isabella JOYCE whose husband #1 was ...... Armstrong his first name looks like G ...nes... father of my gtgtgrandad Valentine Armstrong born 1809ca . Isabella  married  2ndly..... Houston a Spirit merchant. They had atleast 1 daughter Elizabeth born 1826ish .
Valentine says he's born Seagoe Armagh . I know we are related to the Joyce family of Dromlin maybe County Down

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 November 13 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Mona - I am just off to work - but just wanted to tell you that seagoe crops up re Joyces in Griffiths valuation. I have just had some luck finding andrew Joyce in the newspaper - a money dispute, and James Joyce is named as his brother. I am starting to feel that these Joyces are the immediate family of my Thomas, but still need something a bit more definite.... hope the death certs get me somewhere. I will have a look for your people this evening (unless others can't help you in the meantime)  cheers!

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 November 13 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks...hope you keep me informed.......William/John/ Edward/Charles/ George are 3 males names given to my granny's brothers.

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 December 13 13:03 GMT (UK) »
I would like to thank all who supported my recent search. I sent away for death certs of Andrew Joyce and Rachel Joyce - going on my assumptions - and what I found indicates (am cautious here) more weight to my belief that I have here Andrew Joyce and Rachel Black. Andrew's death cert is consistent with dates &  places and Rachel's has her as the widow of Andrew Joyce. Both have Rachel Fowler (who we know was John Joyce's sister because of his will) as a daughter and informant of their deaths. The very best outcome would have been the inclusion of Rachel's maiden name.... but alas....However I was very pleased with this outcome, and delighted with the swift response to my letter to PRONI - I received the certs by email within 2 weeks!  Thanks to all!

Offline Elaineb123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 05 June 21 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, I actually live in Brackagh and know where the Joyce family lived. If I can help please let me know.