Author Topic: Swansea 1901 Census  (Read 1040 times)

Offline gwen j

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Swansea 1901 Census
« on: Monday 03 March 14 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if there are sections of the 1901 census for Swansea missing? I'm trying to find my husbands ancestors but can't find any of them in 1901!Elias John/s was born 23 11 1878 in the Landore area and I've got him on the 81 91 and 1911 census but can't see him or any of his family in 1901. Any help would be much appreciated.
Davies-Rhydlewis to Ebbw Vale
Wharton and Ford-Barnard Castle to London
Delany-Staffs.
Lascelles

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea 1901 Census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 March 14 10:57 GMT (UK) »
do you have anything that might give the family's address around that time? Certificate or directory entry? Then you could search by address.

I've had a quick look for the address they were living at in 1891 in Trewyddfa Road, and haven't come across them yet. Not sure that all the houses are on the 1901, numbers don't seem to run consecutively.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline gwen j

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea 1901 Census
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 March 14 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Osprey, I've not long started on this family(it's my husbands paternal side) and don't have any certs. I know that Elias's father John John was living in Trewyddfa Road in 1911 with his daughter and son-in-law and Elias was married and living in Plasmarl Terrace having married in 1904. I'll see if another family member has Elias's marriage cert and check the address on that. I've looked online at the 1901 for the Plasmarl area as the family didn't seem to move far and done a Street search without luck!
Davies-Rhydlewis to Ebbw Vale
Wharton and Ford-Barnard Castle to London
Delany-Staffs.
Lascelles