Author Topic: Marriage and Birth lookup and links to Bell family Rathfriland  (Read 3699 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage and Birth lookup and links to Bell family Rathfriland
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:15 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the local websites, fair amount of Bell's in Rathfriland

Raymonds site http://countydown.x10.mx/html/index2.htm
and Ros's site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rosdavies/index.html
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline beller9993

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
Yes I have looked at these I have my Grandmothers and Grandfathers origonal birth certs, so i can follow the history quite well, just getting a bit harder when it goes to the 1700s

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
  • its not the critic who counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:24 BST (UK) »
Joseph was a Rifleman number 13/16227, 'B' Company, 13th Batt Royal Irish Rifles, in the great war.  If you think he is connected to your family I am willing to share info.  His name appears on the War memorial inside St John's Church as having served in the war.
Walker family Tullylish, Co Down and Terryhoogan. Co Armagh.  Conolly family Tullylish.  Bell family Rathfriland, Co Down