Author Topic: Riach & Younie families, Moray and beyond  (Read 42730 times)

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Riach & Younie families, Moray and beyond
« on: Monday 24 January 05 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Riach and Younie families in Morayshire and beyond.

I have a full family history of both families but am always looking to connect with other reserchers.

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk/morayweb
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline jeffH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Riach & Younie families, Moray and beyond
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 January 05 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any ties with the Younie family from Rafford in Moray? Particularly a John Younie born 1818 who married Ellen Mavor and came to Canada in 1858?

jeff
Pembrokeshire - Harries and Blethyn<br />Somerset - Wilkins, Parsons and Ball<br/>Essex/Suffolk - Edwards and Smith<br />Morayshire - Younie and Mavor

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff

I have this family in my database but as yet have not been able to link them into my main Younie/Riach lines which seem to go on forever and in all directions.

But I live in hopes that one day all the seperate families may just slip into place.  Well I can dream !

Carol

Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline JessG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 February 05 09:28 GMT (UK) »
I have an Elizabeth (Betsey) Riach married in 1823 to my GGGG Grandfather John Culbard from Elgin...does this feature in your connections.

Regards
Jessie G

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 February 05 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Morning Jess

Yes I know of the couple but as yet have not managed to link them in to the main Riach line.

There are so many Riach people of the same name and similar ages  you end up with lots of 'hangers on' -  there are a few families who I could link Elizabeth with but there is that element of doubt.      :-\

But as usual will keep on plodding.

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk/morayweb

www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline Cherrytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 09:19 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if you have any connection with John Younie married Janet Chalmers in 1774 Knockando, Moray. I am descended from their eldest daughter Janet Younie who married John Black. I would love to fill in more information on this family. ::)

Wendy Invercargill, New Zealand

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 12:19 GMT (UK) »
A match, although distant.

John Younie  is the great grand uncle of George Younie   Their common ancestors are George Younie.

The first George Younie mentioned is married to Helen Riach.  Helan and I being 3rd cousins 3 times removed.

Distant but still on the tree.

If I can fill any gaps, and visa versa let me know.

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk
Wakefield Family History Sharing

www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline Cherrytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol
Bascially all the information I have on the YOUNIE family are the children of John Younie and Janet nee CHALMERS (from IGI) as well as the descending line through Janet and John BLACK. I believe the father of John Younie was also a John, but I think you seem to have much more information on this family than I have.

As I am new to Rootschat, is there any way we can share information or is it all done through Rootschat.

Wendy

Offline Younie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 June 05 00:16 BST (UK) »
Do you have any ties with the Younie family from Rafford in Moray? Particularly a John Younie born 1818 who married Ellen Mavor and came to Canada in 1858?

jeff
I was wondering if you have any connection with John Younie married Janet Chalmers in 1774 Knockando, Moray. I am descended from their eldest daughter Janet Younie who married John Black. I would love to fill in more information on this family. ::)

Wendy Invercargill, New Zealand
Younie, Howarth,