Author Topic: Gustave Dahl, born Nov 7, 1882  (Read 2407 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gustave Dahl, born Nov 7, 1882
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 October 14 06:08 BST (UK) »
 :-\ Even if this isn't the correct mother, I am now curious as to what happened to wee Ellen/Helen/NellyWatt born 1867?   It appears they may have also had a David and an Isabelle who died as babies before the census.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N1HH-TMG
and perhaps a Robert as well in 1871 although I see no death for him?
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ahr/
Her husband's death is likely the one in 1873

Was anyone able to look into the younger Isabelle Storer as well?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adding: EEEkk,  :-\ :o  just now did a google search and found somebody ( also on rootschat) claiming this Isabelle & family, but that story doesn't seem to totally add up either  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=616410.0
also it involves another child born to David & Isabelle who may have been sent as a home child in 1880s
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 October 14 17:28 BST (UK) »
Just a reminder as well that you may be looking for the father on census as Gustave/Gustaf etc. or Karl /Carl etc.
Has the birth cert been ordered by the way to check for the father's occupation?
If this is the only Isabelle Storer who works as a possibility, she was working 1881 in a home with Norwegians & Swedes boarding, not that that clinches a thing, but she may have met a friend of theirs there...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline BashLad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 October 14 17:07 BST (UK) »
This is tres interesting. I hadn't realised there were so many Scandinavians passing through Liverpool at the time.

Charles Gustaf   DAHL Liverpool    8b   112 Q4 1882.

Looks like thousands of scandanavians passed through liverpool in their way to North America. If Isabella found herself on the wrong side of one of them this may be a lost cause though the birth certificate may have some extra info.
WHITEHOUSE- Bromsgrove, WANE - Eccleston, TOWERS - Blackburn & Ribble Valley, COLLINGE - Rawtenstall, THOMAS - Penzance, Whitehaven, Haslingden.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I have just seen some of these messages. As per my Charles Gustaf Dahl's death registration his parents were Gustave Charles Dahl and Isabel Storer. Charles' daughter Carolyn died in 1986 in Victoria. There was another daughter Marjorie born abt 1916 who married R.D.McKenzie, in Canada, and had 3 daughters. I will try to follow up on Marjorie. I would really like to know about the second home child in the Perrier  household in 1901. He was named William and was also born England. I just had a wild thought. Could he have been a brother to Charles?  William was born May 4, 1884.  Can anyone find a birth for William Dahl with that dob?
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 December 14 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Just a reminder tht the initial query had asked for Isabelle on census, and garstonite & trish1120 found her as requested.

Having not married Dahl, it may have been a brief fling creating a child....

Here is the 1901 Canada census Peggy13 was speaking of...Oddly the whole family is listed as having immigrated in 1899, so that doesn't help in the search for William.
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census/ViewFrame.jsp?id=67443&highlight=24

I did look at CEF signups for William ____  born 1883/84/85 May 4th but none stood out... 

adding Charles Gustave is listed as Gus Perrier-Employee Great West Lumber Co in 1906 Alberta census, no William there...He's not with Edmund, Malvina & May, either...

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 December 14 02:12 GMT (UK) »
1911 Gustave is near the Perriers & in the household of wife to be, Sadie, and still uses the Perrier name, altho mistranscribed... but I still don't see William, so wonder if he also dropped the Perrier name & went back to his true name. http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/1911/jpg/e001931786.jpg

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 December 14 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Yes, William just disappeared. Haven't had any luck with tracing him. Perhaps he went back to England to fight over there during the war. I was lucky with Gustave as documentation regarding him was included in the land records of Edmond Perrier, my g grandmother's brother.
thank you all for your help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland