Author Topic: Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich - Framlingham Parish records - Jemima Curtis  (Read 1460 times)

Offline loisp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich - Framlingham Parish records - Jemima Curtis
« on: Wednesday 29 October 14 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Jemima Curtis married William Harrington in 1824 at Great Henney Essex. Her mother was given on baptism records as Mrs Jemima Curtis and father as William Curtis.
I believe Jemima was born c.1801 and baptised at Layer de la Haye Essex 1805.

Mrs Jemima Curtis' birthplace is given as Peasanhall Suffolk on census forms. I have not been able to find a marriage of Jemima and William Curtis.
What i have come across is an item in the Suffolk records office at Ipswich:

Two letters from Jemima Curtis, Layer de la Hay, Essex, concerning the payment of money for her child, 28th September and 30th October, 1802.
FC101/G8/2/11

Would anyone visiting the Suffolk Record Office at Ipswich be able to look up this item and tell me or get a picture of the detail?
It may give me a pointer on where to look next.  I'm happy to pay costs; cheaper than flights from NZ.
atack (hampshire), mackett, pitt, roberts, davi(d)son(NBL),  charlton

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich - Framlingham Parish records - Jemima Curtis
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 October 14 11:45 GMT (UK) »
I checked Peasenhall parish records for a marriage of William Curtis and Jemima but there was nothing like that at all at Peasenhall.

I looked at baptisms for Jemima (senior) but of course with no m/n this is purely speculation : the only Jemima that I could see baptised in Peasenhall about that time was:

Jemima and Kezia daughters of Samuel and Ann Clouting late Turner baptised 19th Feb 1779. 

I know there's no way of knowing if this is your Jemima, but noted it in case of the names cropping up again in the following generation.

Good luck with your search
Anne

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 October 14 16:57 GMT (UK) »
A Jemima Clouting born c1776 was buried in Peasenhall in 1792. This could be the above girl.
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline loisp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 November 14 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Anne and Suffolk Sue.  Not been online for a couple of days.

I have  found that Mrs Jemima Curtis lived until 1857, buried Layer de la Haye Essex. That fits with Census records.

Other inquiries have drawn blanks, until I found the letters at Suffolk Records Office. But I will see what I can find for Jemima Clouting.  You never know

Thanks
atack (hampshire), mackett, pitt, roberts, davi(d)son(NBL),  charlton