Author Topic: McGlynn Family  (Read 22276 times)

Offline GordonMc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGlynn Family
« Reply #36 on: Friday 04 April 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
    I have been reading your posts and it does seem that you know a fair bit about the McGlynns so I was hoping you may be able to help me. What I do know that my Grt Grandfather was Peter Mcglynn born 1872 and died in 1938 I know of his Siblings  Anne, James,Bridget,Patrick,Michael & Bartley, I also know that his father was called Patrick born about 1829 but I know nothing of his siblings, not for the lack of trying.. ??? also I think his father was called John McGlynn I believe they were from the Cloghan area in Donegal.
    Any help would be gratefully received.
  Gordon.

Offline dennismc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 05 April 14 05:58 BST (UK) »
David I would like to get in touch with you so I can exchange the information I have I our grandma she was was such a great person in the life's of my brothers and me.

Offline dave McGlynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 07 April 14 23:10 BST (UK) »
Patrick McGlynn; son of John McGlinn of Ballykergan; married Bridget (Carlin).
John born 23 Jan 1871;  Peter born 26 Jul 1872;  Mary born 17 May 1874;  Ann born 1 Oct 1875  James born 20 Aug 1877;  Bridget born 6 Apr 1880;  Patrick b. '84;  Michael b. '86;  Barty b. '90.
    Dave
e-mail through site and I'll dig out maps of 1814,57, 1900 which show the families.  There are McGlynns of Ballykergan in the west of Glasgow and down the Clyde.  Some from the Reelan Bridge moved to the Antipodes I think Garda officers, but they may be Commeen. 

Offline Frances Powers Green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 06 May 16 19:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave, I have been trying to get in touch with you.  Long time since we chatted.  I see you have had issues with your address.  Hopefully I can reconnect with you via this site.  All the best Fran Powers Green, Mount Laurel NJ, USA.  Family of Charles McGlynn and Sarah Strain of Donegal.  Dunfanaghy and Gortnavern.  They came here 1875 and 1880.

If I was to come to Scotland to find Charles family who went there for work where would be best place to start research. 

Offline dave McGlynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 08 May 16 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Fran,
      Tried to contact you on your "Comcast" but came back not a customer. demcglin and I'm at gmail.com.
          Dave.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 09 May 16 04:28 BST (UK) »
Greetings Dave....I'm so delighted to hear from you, extremely delighted!  Unfortunately my email provider changed. My address name is still the same but the provider is now GMAIL.COM.  If you recall I was able to figure out my GGF Charles McGlynn had two brothers who had apparently immigrated to Glasglow from Ireland and I found them on Poor Law Listing you sent me.  They were Patrick who was married to Jane Brown and Hugh married to Isabel Savage.  Both men listed parents as Hugh McGlynn father born abt 1815 and Margaret Coyle mother of Donegal.

Hugh 2nd was born abt 1853's in Ireland had a son Hugh 3rd born Scotland abt 1885.  Hugh 3rd came Pennsylvania on ship with a Daniel McGlynn born abt 1857's with his son Andrew and Andrews family.  At time you suggested they may be cousins.

See following notes I made from email you sent me a few years ago.

Per Dave McGlynn email Daniel Dc4 younger bro of Patrick, Charles and Hugh w/ unknown sister all went to America to sister who married man called Gallagher.   Hugh 206 and Andrew 207 are both cousins. Dave McGlynn re-checked the original sources and they are both going to their cousins Gallagher at the same address Bankesville PA. Obviously although it says their cousins were sponsors and paid for their fares it would probably be an aunt or uncle who was probably illerate. Conclusion the aunt Gallagher is the sister of both their fathers.

I have attempted to confirm the aforementioned possibility without any luck.  Have you ever been able to confirm on your end.  I hope you can follow my story....it is wonderful to hear from you.  Take care and all best,

.  PS. DAVE. After reading one of your recent posts you mentioned a Daniel who came to USA because wife was of drink.  Could this be one and same Daniel I am researching.  I will try to reach you via email .  Have a great day!  ‼️

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 09 May 16 05:43 BST (UK) »
Dave, reading all your commentary on this site.  I would love to receive the info on the McGlynns to America and anything else you would like to share.  Fran Powers Green.  I sent you an email and you should have my email address from this message.  I want to comply with rules on RootsChat. Mthanks again.  Fran. . THANK YOU👍‼️👍‼️

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 05:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave ?... Fran Green here once more.  I was reading your comments about a Daniel McGlynn leaving wife and going to America .  Could this be the Daniel I discussed with you on this site a few days ago.  Thanks. 

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 19 May 16 17:52 BST (UK) »
Dave .... I'm now on gmail.com with same name I had on Comcast.