Author Topic: Le Gallez family  (Read 37490 times)

Offline CarolG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Le Gallez family
« on: Thursday 07 December 06 10:10 GMT (UK) »
I have quite a good family tree for the Le Gallez family - which I would be delighted to share if anyone needs my info.

Someone has asked me about a MORNINGTON LE GALLEZ.  I do remember this family being mentioned as distant cousins, but I've no idea where they fit in.  There were two or three of them with 'odd' names.  I wonder if anyone else may have come across them.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Offline SimoneLe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Gallez family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 April 07 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi! I'm new to this forum but maybe we can help each other.
I'm searching my husbands family..Le Patourel... and his great grandfather - Joseph Eli Le Patourel (b/a 1894) was married to a Isabel Alexander Florence May Le Gallez. Unfortunately Joseph was illegitimate. I was wondering do you have any other info on them?

Simone.

Offline CarolG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 16:48 BST (UK) »
I have checked through all the names I have connected to my tree and I'm sorry to say I have nobody by the name of Isabel Le Gallez.  Sorry I cannot help you on this occasion.

Kind regards, Carol.

Offline SimoneLe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 May 07 11:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I was told that some people used their middle name sometimes so I thought that i'd ad more info that i forgot last post the i have learnt of; the Isabel i spoke of was born about 23/1/1902 and she and Joseph (possibly called James) were married about 19/9/1918 i know they had at least one child named James Alfred b/a 1920 d 1979 married to a Edith May Duport.
Does this help?
I know it's long shot but my head hurts from the brick wall i've hit.
Thanks again.

Offline CarolG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 May 07 15:10 BST (UK) »
I haven't had any luck with the names for Isabel.  However, I have found a Joseph Le Patourel who was living in Guernsey in the 1901 Census.  The family are listed as John LP (head)(age 65)...dock worker, wife Elizabeth, (age 60)...charwoman, Selina Le Patourel (age 22)...charwoman and Leonora Le Patourel (age 20),...dressmaker.   Joseph LP is grandson (age 7) and Emily granddaughter (age 2 months).  The children are named as Le Patourel, and the daughters are both listed as single?  Don't know if this helps.  I might be barking up the wrong tree entirely of course.

Know what you mean about brick walls too.....I've come across a few since I started with this hobby!

Offline SimoneLe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 May 07 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi CarolG,
Yes this is my husbands GGGF and the Joseph (Grandson) is his GGF and you may gather the grandson was fathered by his own GF (John) now this is where i'm stuck as Joseph married Isabel but we can't find them anywhere on the census to see if there were any other children that they had, also I can't find out who John (GGGF) parents are I think the father's name was Pierre but i have no dates. This is very annoying as I know that it all links up somehow but I can't make the connection yet.

Hope to hear from you again, Simone

Offline CarolG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 May 07 12:48 BST (UK) »
Simone, I have been looking through Ancestry.co.uk and found that there are lots of spelling mistakes where the names are listed.  I found one of mine under one of them.  I have tried all the combinations of the names you have given for Isabel but no luck I'm afraid.  Should I come across anything I will of course post it for you. 

Kind regards, Carol.

Offline SimoneLe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 May 07 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Yes CatOne has been helping me too and has advised me of this problem. I took her advise and i'm now seaching other spellings of Le Patourel.
Unfortuneatly i'm not subscribed to Ancestry so my searching is limited do you know if the subscription price is in pounds as i'm in Australia and would need to convert it.
Simone.

Offline CarolG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 May 07 15:06 BST (UK) »
Yes I paid in £ sterling.  I guess they would just do a conversion when you applied. 

I know the spelllings are quite off in some cases as I come from Guernsey originally and know so many of the surnames, but if you go and look at the actual census page it's there.  Are you certain the name was Isabel?  I have found a Mabel and in the handwriting that could be mistaken for Isabel.  The plot thickens lol.  Good luck with it.

Kind regards, Carol.