Author Topic: Ananias Mooren  (Read 7195 times)

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ananias Mooren
« on: Friday 07 December 12 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Anybody have any info on a Ananias Mooren? He was born in Nettlebed in 1859. His father Thomas and his mother Mary? ( maiden name if poss.) Might be difficult, any info please. Thanks.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ananias Mooren
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 December 12 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Looks like a slight change of name?

Marriages, December qtr 1883
Abingdon district    vol 2c, page 617

Moorhen, Ananias
Tame, Henrietta

I can find Ananias Mooren on 1891, 1901 and 1911 censuses, but not 1881 or earlier?

Hah! Found him in 1881!
RG11, 1286, 105, 8
44 Street, Sutton Courtney, Berkshire

Moorhen, Annanias  Head  Unmarried  M  22  Ag Lab  b Watlington, Oxfordshire

next door, at no. 43:
Moorhen, Mary  Head  Married  F  52  Basket Maker  b Southrop, Gloucestershire
Moorhen, Thomas  Son  M  21  Basket Maker  b Abingdon, Berkshire
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 December 12 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Some of this info has already been given - see http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,626685

From freebmd.org.uk - birth of Ananias MOORING, Henley district, June qtr 1858, 3a 465.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 December 12 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi he could be the Andrew Mooring b Oxfordshire with parents Moses and Mary living in tents ie Gipsy travellers in 1871, just a question LyndonRees how are you related to either the Tames or the Moorhens/Moorens as you knew sufficient re Henrietta as to parentage, but no apparent knowledge of her marriage?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 December 12 02:00 GMT (UK) »
I was actually looking for the parentage of Ananias Mooren, Moorhen or Mooring as that what was confusing me, the spelling. His son, Clarence MOOREN ( as it's spelt ) was my grandfather. Ananias' father was Thomas MOORHEN ( as it's spelt ) and there's also a mention of a Andrew MOORING, so i'm left confused at the wide variety of spellings and wanted to know if anyone knew Ananais' mothers' maiden name so i could research further. The info you have already given me sounds promising and i shall check that up. Henrietta Tame was Ananias' wife, which makes her my great-grandmother. I was looking at as much new info as possible e.g. birth date ( which i didn't know ) and even a death date ( i only know the year ) The info i've recieved is much apprieciated. Thank You.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 December 12 02:31 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi again, the only reason I queried the fact that you seemed unaware of the marriage was that if I had the couple to start off with, then I would have worked backwards towards the birth of Henrietta, not the other way round?! Luckily the Henrietta married to that wonderfully named Ananias was Jane's child!

Ananias is proving a problem locating in census returns prior to 1881 with father Thomas, and one further question, where did the mother Mary come from, if you as of yet do not have his birth record, though the one supplied in June qtr 1858 looks good though, as Henley covers the civil parish of Nettlebed!

Looks like a possibilty of a Mary for mother, as Mary Mooren aged 66 occ Pedlar b Southrup, and son Thomas aged 28 b Dorchester Oxfordshire are in the same street as Henrietta and Ananias in 1891 ie Frilsham Street, Sutton Courtney Census Ref RG12/981/88/11
And also further up the page:-

Matilda Mooren Single 40 b Benham, Berks or Burnham, Bucks?
William 13
Eliza 8
Daniel 6
Mary Ann 3
All children b Sutton Courtney
Matilda is Housekeeper to a William Evans aged 84 shown as Widower

In 1881 a Matilda with a son William aged 3 and a Samuel aged 9 months is shown as wife to the same William Evans
Census Ref RG11/1286/105/7
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 December 12 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, I was just off to bed when I googled the name Ananias and found a site called Romany Jib not only did it state that Mooren/Mooring and also Moorhen were Romany names, further down in a question & answer section was:-

Birth Certificate Entry 349 Henley, Watlington, Oxfordshire

5th April 1858

Sex Boy
Name Ananias
Father Thomas Mooring occ Ag Lab
Mother Mary Bland

It also states that prior to 1881 their are no sightings of the family, they also show the Freebmd entry and wife Henrietta Tame
Keyboard86

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 December 12 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for the info on Ananias' birth details and his mothers' maiden name, you've been a great help. I discovered Mary possibly being Ananias' mothers' name when searching for details of his father, Thomas. I found a Thomas MOORHEN in the 1901 census as being married to a Mary. This Thomas ( born 1826 died 1909 only showed him and Mary as the occupants, but no children were shown. It was just a rough guess really that this was the Thomas and Mary as the parents of Ananias. I shall check that Romany info out, sounds interesting. I did check some microfilche out at my local diary and it showed Frilsham Street as the street Ananias lived with Henrietta, funny that's where one of my aunts still lives. We tried to do a family tree involving the Mooren name a few years ago but now we know of the different spellings of the surname, it was difficult to gather much info. I know Ananias died in 1942 but for you to give me his birth date is something else. Thank you once again.

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 08 December 12 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi again just discovered a Mary Ann Bland in the 1861 census married to a Thomas Bland, Mary born 1825 in Gloucestershire.