Author Topic: Frisby  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frisby
« on: Tuesday 29 April 14 13:38 BST (UK) »
In 1632 Stephen Sackett married Alice Frisby at Great Mongeham Kent her parents were Samuel Frisby and Sarah Say, does anyone have  any further info on this family. Thank you

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Frisby
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Jole,

I have looked at my records and the Mongeham Parish records start at 1685. There is no mention of Sacketts, Says or Frisby's at all.
The name Frisby does turn up very occasionally in other parish records but I did find the name Say, which doesn't appear anywhere else, in the records of the Independent Church of Deal between 1758-1768.
Probably no help at all

Regards

AJ

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 19:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 19:22 BST (UK) »
There are several early SACKET(T)/SAKETT and a couple of SAY(E) wills listed here

http://www.kentarchaeology.ac/ekwills_a/series/ekp_p1/ekp_p1n_sa.html
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline IntBananas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 July 14 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jolee

I'm a descendant of Frisbys in Kent (mainly in the area of Sandwich), it doesn't seem to be a common surname in the county so I've been making notes on all Frisbys I find records for.
I don't know if it is of any use but I've found a record on the FindMyPast site for a marriage between Sara Frisby and Johannes Sackett on 15 May 1628 in Ickham, Kent. I have carried out a quick search online and according to a Sackett Family website this would appear to be the marriage of Stephen's brother John (the site shows Rev John Sackett married Sarah but with no surname).
So far I've only traced my Frisbys back to a marriage in 1657 so I can't say whether there's a link between my Frisbys and Samuel Frisby's family, but it would seem likely due to the rarity of the name and Sandwich and Great Mongeham being only 5 miles apart.

Regards,
Nicki

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 July 14 15:57 BST (UK) »
Like you I have only been able to get back as far as my ancestor Alice Frisby who married Stephen Sackett in 1632, I know she was the daughter of Samuel Frisby deceased and Sarah Say, Stephen like his brother John was a Vicar, I have never been able to find a birth for her anywhere or a marriage for her parents, I would be interested in anything you have on this family, it could be that wara and Alice were sisters seeing how close the marriages are.

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 July 14 19:42 BST (UK) »
Alice Frisby gets a mention, but no more, on the extensive Sackett Family web site.

http://www.sackettfamily.info/g0/p968.htm
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will: