Author Topic: Wesleyan Chapel Boughton under Blean Registers  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Wesleyan Chapel Boughton under Blean Registers
« on: Wednesday 25 June 14 09:37 BST (UK) »
Morning

Can anyone tell me if the registers for the Wesleyan Chapel in Boughton under Blean have survived and if it is possible to access them?

My ancestors, the Friers, lived in the area and had their children baptised at St Peters and at St Michael, Hernhill. However after the Battle of Bossenden Wood in 1838, their name disappears from the registers and no baptisms have been found for any generation between then and my grandfathers.

As my ancestors John Jull Frier and Sarah Ann Tuff married at the Wesleyan Chapel in Faversham, it would make sense if they were baptised at a Wesleyan Chapel, and seeing they lived in and around the Boughton under Blean area until at least 1911 this chapel seems the logical place to have any children baptised (if they ever were)

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wesleyan Chapel Boughton under Blean Registers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 August 14 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
There is a record for
John Jull Frier baptised 03/01/1836 in Boughton under Blean - sub district of Faversham but the census says he was born in Dunkirk Kent - parents Edward and Mary Ann

Sarah Ann Tuff baptised 18/12/1836 in Wye - as per the census - parents George and Charlotte

Edit John parents are said to be Edward John and Mary Ann Burville and Edwards parents are said to be Thomas Frier and Sylvester Jull ( strange name for a women)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Re: Wesleyan Chapel Boughton under Blean Registers
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes John was the last Frier in the family that was baptised in the nearby church. As above I'm assuming his younger siblings, and the following generations, where baptised at a Wesleyan chapel but no one yet has been able to confirm if the records for the Boughton under Blean chapel have survived