Author Topic: Sedgwick Family REunion  (Read 2559 times)

Offline tess2109

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sedgwick Family REunion
« on: Saturday 26 July 14 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there everyone

This is to all you Sedgwick descendants from Lenham, Boughton Malherbe, Hollingbourne and surrounding villages.  Not forgetting Dover.

My name is Dawn Alison Sedgwick and I am a direct descendant from John Sedgwick and Mary Else both from Lenham just outside Maidstone in Kent England.

For the past 11 years I have been researching my family history (since my father passed away) and I am now in the process of compiling a Family Book with all the info (from photos, stories, documents, newspaper reports, military records etc) for future generations to carry on, all the work done for them in one complete book.  I am looking for anybody out there that may be a direct descendant to the Sedgwick's from Dover or the above (either through marriage or birth) to share their stories photos etc (all will be mentioned in the book)all living people are kept private unless they say otherwise)). 
I am planning a Family Reunion on the 19th October 2014, kick off at 13.30 and finishing at 16.30 well somewhere around that time (bouncy castle to keep the kids occupied).  Nibbles will be supplied just bring a bottle.  This will give everybody the opportunity to see the book, although it will not be finished (but not far off), this will also give everybody the chance to chat, swap notes or just meet up, I am also in the process of designing a Family Bible. 

I do have a small web site which gives you an in site as to what I have been doing.

Go on get in touch.  Even if you are reading this and are not related but know someone that is then pass on my contact details the more the merrier.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Dawn
Daughter to the late Edward Henry Sedgwick

Telephone number removed, please use the PM system to exchange private information

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Sedgwick Family REunion
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 July 14 16:29 BST (UK) »
What a lovely idea Dawn, I hope you find lots of new family members.

If I were you, I'd remove the mobile telephone number and ask people to contact you via PM on here. Otherwise you may get all sorts of crank and scam calls as anyone surfing the web could pick it up.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stuarteljas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 17:59 BST (UK) »
Dawn
I have recently been researching my g g grandfather a certain George Hayward who was a soldier stationed at Dover Castle. he married Mary Ann Elisebeth Sedgwick in 1878 at Folkestone Parish church
Marys parents were Henry Sedgwick  and Sarah Ann Dawkins (nee Partridge) Henry was the son of John Else sedgwick senior and the brother of John else Sedgwick junior. From what I can Gather their line goes back directly to John Sedgwick born in lenham 1710.

I dont know what happened to either Mary Ann Elisebeth or George hayward all I know is George was a soldier in the 58th  Rutland foot regiment and in 1879 soldiers from his regiment were sent to south africa to fight in the zulu wars.I haven't found out if he was sent aswell.
I have not been doing this long so if you or anyone out there has any more info on Mary Ann Elisebeth Hayward nee Sedgwick or her husband George Hayward, it would be great.

Regards Stuart
ps I presume I have missed the reunion?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Stuart, welcome to Rootschat, I'm sure that someone may be able to help you, but you might be better starting a new thread with your question as people may not look under this title.

Looking at Dawn's post it seems as if the reunion is later this year

I am planning a Family Reunion on the 19th October 2014, kick off at 13.30 and finishing at 16.30
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stuarteljas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 July 14 10:15 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Groom I Just came across this site a few weeks ago and I have found it fascinating the wealth of knowledge and information out there.

kind regards Stuart