Author Topic: Bere Island Cousins  (Read 20847 times)

Offline HW

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Bere Island Cousins
« on: Sunday 18 January 04 18:42 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for cousins from Bere Island, County Cork.  O'Dwyer, Moriarty, O'Sullivan, O'Mahoney, Lowney, Rumley, Hardiman. Green, Towers.

Thanks

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Bere Island Cousins
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 December 04 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 04:24 BST (UK) »
I am looking for cousins from Bere Island, County Cork.  O'Dwyer, Moriarty, O'Sullivan, O'Mahoney, Lowney, Rumley, Hardiman. Green, Towers.

Thanks

Hiya,

Would you please clarify the question ??? Are these guys living cousins of yours or are they cousins to one another ??? Two of the names you are seeking..Moriarty and O'Sullivan are mentioned in this article..
Bere Peninsula Families Co. Cork..Introduction to Bere Island Parish. http://www.rootsweb.com/~irish/igsi_published/berehave/bi-intro.htm The Bere Island Historical, Cultural & Craft Association, Bere Island, Castletownbere might be able ti give you some information. There is also the Beara Historical Society, Corney Murphy, NY., East End Castletownbere... worth a try too

All the Best, Chris

Offline jmgrgr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 January 08 18:43 GMT (UK) »
The author of the article on Bere Island, Riobard O'Dwyer, is the one to contact for Bere Island or the Beara Peninsula in general. Unfortunately, he's going to retire from genealogical research this year. 

Check http://www.rootsweb.com/~irish/igsi_published/berehave/odwyer.htm. He may still have copies of his Bere Island book.
SCOTLAND
ANS: Gall/Gaul at Tannadice and Inverarity; Souter/Soutar/Soutor at Airlie; Clark at Arbroath; Ogilvie
CLK: Vallance
FIF: Scott at Letham; Reekie at Newburgh and Falkland; Morice/Morris; Clough/Clow
PER: M'Grigor/M'Gregor/MacGregor at Killin, Balquhidder and Callander; Ferguson at Callander; Clark/Clerk/Clarke at Killin and Errol; McCallum; Scott at Dunbarney
STI: McGregor/MacGregor at Buchanan and Drymen; Gall at Buchanan and Drymen

Offline Lara3145

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 October 08 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am very new to here just joined in today so I hope I can help here I have Lowney's from Bere Island my 2xgreat grandmother Margaret Mary Lowney b 1824 married in Rerrin Village Bere Island in about 1843  her father was Jerimiah and his father was Cornelious Lowney  I don't know if this helps at all  but hope so  Cheers
Lara

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 October 08 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hi HW & Lara3145,

Bantry Bay O'SULLIVANs (2 families) & LOWNEYs from my wife's side are available on my website. This research was "inherited" from my late father-in-law and he made little progress. Ditto myself due to a lack of records.
Feel free to email me if you think we have some common families.

Regards,
Mark
http://creativegraces.net/genindex/genhome.html

Offline Lara3145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 October 08 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks very interesting site  Regards Lara

Offline Kate.elmer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
m
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 November 08 19:43 GMT (UK) »
m

Offline Lara3145

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 04 November 08 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate I don't know much about  my people in Ireland except that my 2xgreat grandfather was Patrick Walsh from Donoraille Cork he was with the army on Bere Island and met my 2xgreat grandmother Margaret Mary Lowney  and they came to  Fremantle ASustralia in 1852 , Margaret Mary's mother was a McAuliffe and the Lowneys are  a branch of the O'Sullivans  , I don't think I have any Murphy's though Kate  thanks for the message will file it and maybe one day find we are connected somehow Kind Regards Lara