Author Topic: Bright family - Carrownspurraun  (Read 6556 times)

Offline jnws

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bright family - Carrownspurraun
« on: Wednesday 01 February 06 19:35 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to trace any info on the Bright family - Henry Bright  married Elizabeth Walsh sometime around 1880. Henry was a farmer at Carrownspurraun, Riverstown . I think his father was Robert and his brother James and sister Florence.

Henry had 6 children the youngest being Annabella born around 1905.

All information very welcome
Cleaver, Richards, Middleditch, Trannack

Offline Genie72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bright family - Carrownspurraun
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 June 06 23:04 BST (UK) »
They were married 21 September 1896 at Taunagh Church of Ireland Church, Riverstown.  Both of full age, bachelor and spinster.  Henry, son of Robert Bright of Carrownsprawn, farmer.  Elizabeth, daughter of John Walsh of Carrowkeel, farmer.

Hope this helps!

:)

Offline Spark1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 22:10 GMT (UK) »
just wondering if you are still interested in this link .have more info on family if required

Offline jnws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 November 12 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi

yes always interested - even to check if my info is correct.
My wife's ggrandmother was Florence Kezia (Kate) Bright born 3rd July 1869 in Carrownspurraun, Riverstown.
thanks

Offline Spark1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 November 12 22:14 GMT (UK) »
hi   
if Florence kezia bright who married jacob martin 16/05/1889 is the woman you are talking about then her father was robert bright (married kezia johnston on 15/12/1851) and his father was william bright (dates ???)

kezia had a daughter and a son   (_____ martin and eric martin)

Kezia's brothers (james,henry,johnston +joseph maby) sisters  (mary ann ,elizabeth and ________)

thats about all i got -can u fill in any more of the blancs even fron Kezias family

good luck

Offline jnws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 November 12 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi the info I have:
1.   William Bright-1 was born in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[1].

Alicia ?. She died in 1870 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo.

William Bright and Alicia ? were married before 1829. They had the following children:

2.   i. Henry Bright was born about 1829 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[2]. He married Eliza Charleton on 01 Dec 1853 in Kilmacalane Parish Church, Riverstown, Co. Sligo.

3.   ii. Robert Bright was born about 1830 in Carrownspurraun(assumed). He married Kezia Johnston on 02 Oct 1862 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo. He died before 1901 in Carrownspurraun(assumed).

Generation 2

2.   Henry Bright-2 (William-1) was born about 1829 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[2].

Eliza Charleton daughter of Thomas Charlton was born in 1839 in Rockfield, Co. Sligo[2].

Henry Bright and Eliza Charleton were married on 01 Dec 1853 in Kilmacalane Parish Church, Riverstown, Co. Sligo. They had the following children:

i.   Thomas Bright was born on 01 Jan 1865 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[3].

ii.   Georgina Bright was born on 16 Apr 1867 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[3].

iii.   Matilda Bright was born on 01 Jul 1871 in Rusheen, Co. Sligo[3].

iv.   unknown Bright was born on 22 Feb 1879 in ?.

v.   Isaac John Bright was born on 28 Mar 1882 in ?[4].

3.   Robert Bright-2 (William-1) was born about 1830 in Carrownspurraun(assumed). He died before 1901 in Carrownspurraun(assumed).

Kezia Johnston was born about 1830 in ?. She died on 14 Dec 1915 in unknown.

Robert Bright and Kezia Johnston were married on 02 Oct 1862 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo. They had the following children:

i.   Mary Anne Bright was born about 1854 in Carrownspurraun(assumed). She married Isaac Charlton on 27 May 1875 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo. She died after 1911.

ii.   Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bright was born about 1859 in Carrownspurran, Riverstown, Co. Sligo. She married William Meredith on 10 Sep 1888 in Co. Sligo. She died after 1901 in Tobernaglashy, Kilmacallan, Co. Sligo ?.

iii.   Henry Bright was born about 1862 in Carrownspurraun, Riverstown, Co. Sligo[5]. He married Elizabeth (Lizzie) Walsh on 21 Sep 1896 in Taunagh Church of Ireland, Riverstown, Co. Sligo. He died on 01 Jan 1938.

iv.   James Bright was born on 07 Feb 1865 in Carrownspurran, Riverstown, Co. Sligo[3]. He married Elizabeth Shannon on 24 Mar 1892 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo. He died in 1951.

v.   Johnston Bright was born on 16 Jun 1867 in Carrownspurran, Riverstown, Co. Sligo[3]. He married Arabella Annetta (Neta) McMurray in 1896[6]. He died on 26 May 1932.

iv.   James Bright was born on 07 Feb 1865 in Carrownspurran, Riverstown, Co. Sligo[3]. He married Elizabeth Shannon on 24 Mar 1892 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo. He died in 1951.

v.   Johnston Bright was born on 16 Jun 1867 in Carrownspurran, Riverstown, Co. Sligo[3]. He married Arabella Annetta (Neta) McMurray in 1896[6]. He died on 26 May 1932.

vi.   Kezia Bright was born about 1869 in Carrownspurraun(assumed). She married Jacob Martin on 16 May 1889 in Riverstown, Co. Sligo.

vii.   Florence Kate Bright was born on 03 Jul 1869 in Carrownspurraun, Riverstown, Co.

Sligo[3, 7] . She married William Watt on 22 Oct 1892 in Co. Sligo. She died on 29 May 1953 in Braid Valley Hospital, Ballymena, Co. Antrim.

viii.   Albert George Bright[8] was born on 06 Apr 1872 in Riverstown Co. Sligo.

ix.   Arthur Thomas Bright was born on 31 Mar 1875 in Carrownsprawn, Riverstown[3]. He died on 04 May 1934.

x.   Joseph Bright.

xi.   daughter Bright was born in Carrownspurraun(assumed).

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Elphin Census 1749;

Margaret Bright; Prot-beggar (Cloonela)

William Bright; farmer (Drummee)

Thomas Bright; farmer (Drummee)
----
Irish Petty Sessions; Sligo;
Henry Bright- 1862-1863-1868-1876
---
Jack

Offline Ladijane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have come across the Brights from Sligo in my search for one of my ancestors in Co. Meath namely George Bright. I don't seem to find a connection between the two families though I do know George was born in England so maybe that's why, but he was living in Ireland since at least 1870 and died in Dunshaughlin Co. Meath in 1901. His given age then was 75 but this seems to be incorrect.

Any info on George before 1870 would be great.

Thank you!