Author Topic: William Lambe of Alberbury...does anyone have access to Alberbury Parish Records  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
St. Leonard s Bridgnorth:

No. 532. William Lamb, Bacr, of the Parish of Alberbury & Co. of Salop, and Elizabeth Browne Wylde, Spinr, of the same, were married in this Church, by Licence, this 15th Sept 1811 by E.H.Payne, Curate.

I am trying to piece the Lamb family together.  I would like to know parents/ siblings/children of William Lamb/Lambe

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.  I do not have birth/baptism, death or residence.  I did find a death for Elizabeth Browne Lambe 1st Q 1850 Cheltenham District Gloucestershire. 

Thanks once again for any help you can give me!  Truly do appreciate your efforts!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Lambe of Alberbury...does anyone have access to Alberbury Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 20:00 BST (UK) »
So Elizabeth ( born 1770 ) was 41 when she married - and died aged 79
do you know if they had any children ?...would be late in life obviously ..

can only find one in Shropshire for that time period
William Lambe 8th march 1767 at Culmington, Shrops - parents George Lambe and Mary

I presume you have seen this ??...if not - I will look for children / siblings of William
does this look a likely ?...

maybe these can help ?
http://www.sfhs.org.uk/culmington-1
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Mr Gwynne Chadwick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Lambe of Alberbury...does anyone have access to Alberbury Parish Records
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 August 13 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi again Carole,

It's good to see you continuing your research.

In Alberbury, there were these marriages and burials. However, you may be more interested in those further down the page at Cardeston which is 2.2 miles East by South East from Alberbury.

8 Feb. 1750. Mary, dau of William and Rebecca LAMB. Buried.
17 Jan. 1765. William of Cardeston.  Buried.
24 Aug. 1778. John LAMB, an infant from Cardeston. Buried.
29 April 1777. William LAMB, b. and Mary ROGERS, s. Married. Wit. - Richard CURETON and James PEARCE.
25 May 1807. John LAMB of Cardeston and Martha MORRIS. Married. Wit. - Edward ROGERS and T BUTTERTON.
9 Feb 1808. Joseph EVANS of Kinnerley and Mary LAMB. Married. Wit. - John LLOYD and T BUTTERTON.

At Cardeston;

24 June 1750. William LAMB and Rebecca FAULKNER. Married.
15 Oct 1754. William, son of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized.
28 Oct 1760. John, son of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized.
13 Feb 1762. Rebecca, dau of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized.
4 June 1765. Sarah, dau of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized.
18 Feb 1780. John, son of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized. Born 9 Feb.
6 Aug 1786. Mary, dau of William LAMB and Rebecca. Baptized.
also
21 Jan 1810. Anne, dau of John and Martha LAMB. Baptized.

Gwynne
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 August 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
This is wonderful news.  What a terrific surprise to wake up to!

I have been searching for records online and did come across a site that has some transcriptions for Shropshire.  I am truly appreciative to find records online!  I wonder if there is any indexing to Shropshire quite yet.

Deepest appreciation for your help. 
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 August 13 21:40 BST (UK) »
Up to 1812:

http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/Alberbury.html

Later, including burials are on the LDS site. Originals at Shropshire Archives or LDS centres.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 August 13 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks EVER so much David for the information...will truly be able to use that!  Thanks ever so much!