Author Topic: Lillian Rush b about 1892  (Read 13504 times)

Offline UpstairsDown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lillian Rush b about 1892
« Reply #27 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:35 BST (UK) »
Marjorie was originally Lilac Marjorie, also mistranscibed as Lylock! So your great gran is my great great gran. Brilliant!

Althea is just the 'new' middle name that Lily/Elizabeth adopted.

I have a photo of Kathleen's older brother, Richard Charles Henry Evans, if you'd like to message me for it.

Offline cornishpiglet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
I did not know Charles full name. Were there only 5 children from George + Lillian: Alice, Charles, Harold, Lilac and Georgina? Did anyone find a marriage certificate for George + Lillian?

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
Ah so this is your gran

Births Mar 1921
Warren    Kathleen G G    mother Rush    Camelford    5c   20

and she died in 2006, and Edith Muriel 1929 was in fact her niece (her older half-sister's daughter).

Elizabeth Ann Rush called herself Lillian Althea Evans during her partnership with Mr Evans. UpsD knew of her only as Lillian Althea, the name on the birth certificate of one of her children with Mr Evans. She called herself Lilian Evans when she married Mr Warren. EDIT it seems they (Lillian and George Evans) did not marry, likely because she was too young.

You can see them in the census when daughter Alice was 2 as George Henry Evans (Anc'y calls him Gerge Herry) with wife Lillian.

UpsD, you still have to come back when you get home and tell us who the registered parents of Elizabeth Ann Rush were (which Susan)!

Oops, UpsD, you got in there ahead of me. ;) Chris needs to add one more post and then you can message each other. ... and there it is!

and edit - how lovely, both gr-gr-grandchildren of Lillian. I've met several fellow gr-gr-grandchildren of varous gr-gr-grandparents of mine on line -- me in Canada, them in the US or England. I have always had to persuade the ones in England who are always sceptical, since my gr-gr-grandparent is the one who emigrated and is missing from their tree. ;)

(oops, I got that wrong, one great and one great-great. Generations get confusing ... I met someone on line whose great-great-grandmother was the sister of my great-grandfather, making her, in her 60s, the same generation as my teenaged nieces!)

and ... edit - I'll just stick it here to avoid prolonging the thread: Susan Smith and Samuel Rush, got it!
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline UpstairsDown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
Janey, the parents were Susan Smith and Samuel Rush from Elizabeth/Lillian's birth certificate. I am going to try and get the marriage certificate when I have time and then investigate the Smiths further. Susan was born in 1871 and married in 1891. georgina did not live more than a few months and Harold died when he was only 13.

Never could locate a marriage cert for george and Lillian. You have all the children there, though Marjorie was registered under Warren, despite probably being Mr Evans' child.

Offline cornishpiglet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Janey and UpsD for your quick replies. I will have to remember this site for future research. Chris

Offline UpstairsDown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 18 August 14 22:02 BST (UK) »
Chris, did you ever meet any of the Evans' great aunts and uncles?

JaneyCanuck thanks for your help, once again.

Offline cornishpiglet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 18 August 14 22:10 BST (UK) »
I did not know about the Evans side of the family until recently, so I never met any. My gran was one of the younger Warrens, so I cant even remember all of her older Warren siblings.

Offline cornishpiglet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 13:26 BST (UK) »
I forgot to ask earlier, who was the relation that left the UK? I assume it was an Evans and not a Warren as I think all the Warrens stayed in the southwest of England. Also, if you haven't found Elizabeths date of death, it was 23rd June 1950. She is buried in Launceston with her second husband Henry Warren, who died 2nd June 1964. Chris.

Offline UpstairsDown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 14:32 BST (UK) »
Edited to remove irrelevant information