Author Topic: my great great grand father james dunford spouse margaret walsh  (Read 7156 times)

Offline bobdunford6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
my great great grand father james dunford spouse margaret walsh
« on: Sunday 11 August 13 18:13 BST (UK) »
first i found the birth of my great grand father date of birth and his baptism
John Dunford born 1812.baptism st Mary church Liverpool .Lancashire england father John Dunford born waterford ireland 1790 mother martha dunford
John Dunford married Martha ( could not find her maiden name unless it was Dunford as well)in 1811 st Mary church Liverpool Lancashire England
John Dunford born,co Waterford, Ireland, baptism at st Patrick ans st olaves church,co. Waterford Ireland .
father James Dunford mother Margaret Walsh
marriage of James Dunford to Margaret Walsh 14 august 1789 at st patricks and st olaves church co.Waterford Ireland
James Dunford born abt 1764, baptism st Patrick and st olaves church,  Co.Waterford Ireland.
Margaret Walsh born 1768
now this is where it comes strange
a Captain Dunford married Margaret  Walsh in June 1789 at st Patrick and st olaves church co.Waterford, Ireland,
they have told me it could be the same people getting married twice.
now it gets even more strange
in 1813 .America declared war on Canada, sending out troops to York, in Toronto .which they burnt down killing every one in York town.
in England king George 111 .heard about this and said we must make them pay for this .
so he ordered all Irish born British officers, to go to Washington. America. and burn down the Presidents White House, and take over Washington. this was called the North American War
well in 1824, 24 of august, they burn down the White House in America .making President Madison flee for his life.killing all the Presidents Guards.
on the 25 august ,1814, the Irish officer in charge .was on his way back to his ship, when he was shot in the neck and Died.
on hearing this President Madison,said we must honor this very brave man.who fought and died for there country.
He had his body Wrapped in Cloth, soaked in brandy to keep it til it arrived in London.
and had it put in the best coffin he could find.
in britain they now had to honor him as well .they had two statue made of him .one is still in the Houses of Parliament.
in america they  also had a statue made of him and is now standing in the New White House in Washington
so if all Irish born British officers had to go to America.Captain Dunford must have gone to.
now did he Die there.Was he made a Prisoner there.Was he to Honored .did he come home to his wife.or did his Wife join him.So many things could have happened.
but there must be a Record of there Deaths.Prisoners of War. Honored  men .perhaps with your help we can find out what happened in this crazy war. from bob dunford6